The Hollies Forum Index » Searchin' » LCW
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject: LCW
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi all,
I have seen an old video clip of the Holling singing LCW on the beach, it's a B&W clip and sadly not good quality. Does anybody know anything about the clip, where it was filmed etc.
Thanks all,
Anthony

PostPosted:Wed Jan 31, 2007 22:15 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Gee Post subject: on the beach....
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Does this clip look circa 1971 ?...If so it might come from the "Don't get Suburnt" 1971 Australian Tour (when Allan & Terry did get sunburnt...!)
PostPosted:Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:21 am

Last edited by Gee on Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Geoff,
Yes, around '71 sounds right, Allan's hair had started to get out of control but he hasn't got that mid 70's perm yet. I have a song from the Sunburnt special on video Too Young To Be Married and Allan did have a Moustache but in this clip he is clean shaven.
Thanks for you thoughts, I really enjoy your comments,
All the best,
Anthony

PostPosted:Thu Feb 01, 2007 14:20 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
James Towill Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Anthony wrote:
Allan's hair had started to get out of control but he hasn't got that mid 70's perm yet. I have a song from the Sunburnt special on video Too Young To Be Married and Allan did have a Moustache but in this clip he is clean shaven.

The thought of a perm AND a moustache sounds outrageous. Laughing

PostPosted:Thu Feb 01, 2007 16:55 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Alfons Post subject: Re: LCW

Anthony wrote:
Hi all,
I have seen an old video clip of the Holling singing LCW on the beach, it's a B&W clip and sadly not good quality. Does anybody know anything about the clip, where it was filmed etc.
Thanks all,
Anthony

Hi Anthony!
This is the version they did for a special story called "Südside Story" in 1975 - made for the Germany TV. They also did on this Special "The Air That I Breath"
Hope it helps - Alfons
PostPosted:Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:15 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Many thanks Alfons,
It's a great clip, funny with the Hollies Dutch collection and all the talk on this site, there has to be lots of video footage of the band most of us have never seen.
It's exciting to think a new gem might be just around the corner,
Thanks again for your help,
Anthony

PostPosted:Sun Feb 18, 2007 19:08 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject: Re: on the beach....
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Geoff coles wrote:
Does this clip look circa 1971 ?...If so it might come from the "Don't get Suburnt" 1971 Australian Tour (when Allan & Terry did get sunburnt...!)

I can only locate details of them having a day out in the bush for a barbecue, during which they sang the "off the cuff" song "Dear Oak Tree"...this was around February 1971 and LCW had been cut over sessions from 5 May to 30 July 1970, so they had done the song by then...however as it was not issued until later in 1971 on album, and Feb 1972 as a single, I would guess your clip comes from later on....they are unlikely to have done a "promo" for an unissued album track...but you never know !

There is also a clip of LCW from a German show called "Sudside Story"(!) , which dates from 1975....plus a 1976 "promo" circa "Russian Roulette" era.
Hope this helps !

Regarding "Long Cool Woman": it got released here in the US in June 1972, and topped the Cashbox singles chart in September.
PostPosted:Sun Feb 18, 2007 20:21 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Searchin'
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1