The Hollies Forum Index » Boys In The Band » A dillema for Shells
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Shells2907 Post subject: A dillema for Shells
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Hi all

This morning I got an invitation to the book signing of Graham Nash's photography... I also received my invitation to the Opening Reception for his exhibition at the Richard Goodall Gallery Laughing Cool

Trouble is that the reception is on Thursday 11 March, Crying or Very sad and guess who's got tickets for the Hollies gig in Glasgow.... MMM Quandary indeed...

I would have been in Salford with bells on if the two nights weren't clashing with the concert... I am soo disappointed that I've gotta miss out on one cos I am going to the other one.....An rare opportunity to have a chat with Graham

OOO if I could cut myself in two and get to both of them.... Idea Maybe I should invite him up to Glasgow for a few days..... Idea Whatchya fink Question

Shells
The Queen of Scottish Knits
xxx
PostPosted:Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:20 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
peeji Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

I'm hopefully gonna get to his book signing on the 10th with some friends!

Shame they clash.

Peej
PostPosted:Mon Mar 01, 2004 12:08 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
GordonJ Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Could you not get Graham to come to the show Question Very Happy
GordonJ
PostPosted:Mon Mar 01, 2004 13:13 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Shells2907 Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Gordy,

How can I do that... he's gonna be at his opening reception? Don't worry I am working on it.... I have a few tricks up me sleeve.Idea .. I am a lady of mystery! Cool

Shells
xxx
PostPosted:Mon Mar 01, 2004 19:33 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Susie Hewett Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Shells Exclamation

That is a real dilemma for you. It's a shame you can't wiggle your nose like Samantha in Bewitched and split in two. But in all seriousness may Graham's book signing thing might end early so he could possibly make a guest appearance at The Hollies Concert. Smile or could you go to another book signing thing elsewhere on another night Question

All The Best

Susie

Very Happy Razz
PostPosted:Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:26 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Shells2907 Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Hi Susie

Now there's a thing... or maybe it would work if I was one of the "Charmed Ones" Cast a spell or sommat Laughing

Oops I forgot to say... the book signing and opening reception are taking place in Salford, Manchester which is about 500 miles (help me oot here Brits!) from Glasgow so I would need a Nimbus 2000 broomstick to manage that one.. Also, even Graham isn't gonna manage to be in 2 places that far apart in one night, specially as both things clash! Laughing I know we think of him as a superstar, but ......

It's the reception I really wanna go to... I mean, who gets invited to that bit? Not many fans get that chance... NOW do you see the dilemma?

I forgot you weren't over here and that most non UK fans wouldn't know the distance between the 2 cities.. sorry 'bout that. Embarassed

Shells
xxx
PostPosted:Tue Mar 02, 2004 9:12 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Sorry Shells, I didn't think of the distance between Glasgow and Salford. Now I see your dilemma. Embarassed

All The Best

Susie

Rolling Eyes Razz
PostPosted:Wed Mar 03, 2004 8:09 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Shells2907 Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Hey Susie

Don't worry about it Very Happy

It just made me chuckle... even though you live in Penrith! You see there's a Penrith between here and Manchester...

You're forgiven Laughing Cool

Shells
xxx
PostPosted:Wed Mar 03, 2004 8:59 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

G'day Shells Exclamation

I know of that Penrith in England that you mentioned, in fact I learned at school and been told a few times since that this Penrith was named after your Penrith, apparently the scenery is similar at least that's what I got told. Wink

By the way Shells, it is sad that you can't make the Graham Nash book signing thing next week but I am sure you'll have a great night anyway because you're seeing The Hollies (you lucky lucky girl). Smile

I was reading on Rob's info page that Graham will be there until 24 April so couldn't you find a couple of free days and go down to Manchester, it's only a thought I had and the only solution to your dilemma I can come up with. Very Happy

All The Best

Susie

Cool Rolling Eyes
PostPosted:Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:14 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Shells2907 Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

You are NOT going to believe this Susie... I've written this THREE times and each time, the page has jumped and I've had to start again! Crying or Very sad Here goes again!

It's the fact that I won't be able to go to the opening reception that disappoints me most.. now that would have bee soo cool Ah well such is life... why do things have to clash Question Question Crying or Very sad

I'm dead excited to be going to see the Hollies on the 11th. Laughing I just can't wait! I doubt that Graham will be in Manchester for all of the exhibition cos I know is has been back in the studio recording... as far as I am aware he's only here for a few days.. but who knows.... I'll be making enquiries about that most certainly Smile .... If he's gonna be there over the weekend, I'll be going down... I'm due a visit to my friend Dee. another Hollies fan too!

At the risk of going off topic, and thinking about Penrith, I am sure you would have been taught about the origins of your town's name... in the South Island of NZ there is a group of towns ALL with Scottish town names...how's that for a coincidence?[/b]

Shells
xxx
PostPosted:Wed Mar 03, 2004 23:12 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Shells Exclamation

You had three goes at writing your message before it posted Question It is quite possible that you could have touched the wrong key on you keyboard without realizing it, although I could be mistaken of course. Confused

Have a wonderful time at The Hollies concert on the 11th Smile and I hope that Graham is still in Manchester on the weekend so you can go down and meet him. Razz

All The Best

Susie

Very Happy Cool
PostPosted:Thu Mar 04, 2004 8:45 am
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Boys In The Band
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1