graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Elevated Observation » Anyone for Cliff??
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Lotte Post subject: Anyone for Cliff??

Hi all

I know this has nothing to do with the Hollies, but I will give it a go anyway.
A friend of mine have been let down Sad and are stuck with spare tickets for the Cliff Richard concerts in Wembley London.

She has got tickets for the following days

tuesday 7th nov. 1 ticket block B4 row 3

wednesday 8th nov. 1 ticket blok B4 row 3

thursday 9th nov. 2 tickets - not together - 1 ticket blok B4 row 1 and 1 ticket blok B4 row 3.

All ticket are very good seats. Very Happy

Price pr ticket is at face value £45.

If you are interested email me on loskov@ntlworld.com and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Take care Razz

Lotte
PostPosted:Thu Nov 02, 2006 19:41 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Thanks for the offer!
However, we have 12 tickets for the Viking ship north of Oslo on 15. March.

Would you believe the Hollies had power to stay by evolution of their style from Buddy Holly ? That's for certain because they follow what goes around, write on and go out on the road. They did it then, they do it now - please do it always.
PostPosted:Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:56 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
SpartyScott Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

OK, Cliff fans, give me a synopsis of Cliff Richard.

I am (far) too young to have seen him at his height, and he never really hit it big in America, anyway. So anything I know about him is second hand, and probably wrong, anyway.

Here's what I THINK that I know:

1. His band was called The Shadows, and they had their own career and record contract performing instrumentals without Cliff's participation. (and how would you "classify" Cliff's music back then? What artist familar to U.S. audiences did he most sound like?)

2. Cliff often wore a leather jacket onstage, and was uncharitably considered by some to be an Elvis knockoff.

3. Like Elvis, his career had slowed down for a time, and Cliff eventually ended his relationship with the Shadows. (I'd like to know the details about that)

4. Like Elvis, he had a renewed popularity later (think of Elvis' "Suspicious Minds" and "69 Comeback Special" period), and if he wasn't a #1 hit kind of performer, Cliff's records have always sold in respectable numbers in England.

5. UNlike Elvis, Cliff kept it going and had a second career that was successful as a mature performer

6. As his style changed, Cliff's 1970's and later records weren't much like his early hits, so if one listens to a compilation of 70's-90's songs, it won't give much of an idea of what he was like in his Shadows days.

7. And here's one I don't know - what were the five or six most popular, most recognizable songs during Cliff's Shadows career, and what single-disc CD would best represent that phase of Cliff's career? (a link to this disc where I could buy it would be appreciated, peferably on a U.S. website, but a U.K. one would do as well)

Thanks in advance for corrections and any information that you can supply.
PostPosted:Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:37 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Lotte Post subject:

Hi Spartyscott

I will give you the website for Cliff`'s officialle site www.cliffrichard.org you should be able to find other information there. If you need anymore fell free to email me and ask.

I have just been to Cliffs first concert in Wembley last night and it was a brilliant show - my friends husband was very impressed and said it was the best he had seen so far of Cliff - and he has been to a few during the years.

Cliff got a new album out on the 6th november containing duets with variours people and during the concert Cliff sings 5 of these duets with the help of his backing singers. Razz Peter Howarth sings "Fields of Gold" which is a Sting song and on Cliffs album is song with Barry Gibb.

Well, I am off to london shortly - got a lot of friends from Denmark over for the concerts and I am trying to see them all this week.

Lotte
PostPosted:Sun Nov 05, 2006 13:54 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Cliff has had so many Hits here in Australia, sadly he never made it big in the States. I have seen him many times in concert, he always puts on a great show, a great story teller and showmen on stage.

PostPosted:Sun Nov 12, 2006 13:34 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Elevated Observation
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1