graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music » A Hollies-song on Mirage-cd
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Bonus Post subject: A Hollies-song on Mirage-cd
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Have you seen that there´s a track written and produced by Clarke-Nash on the Mirage-cd named Singles and lost sessions? The song is Go Away (from 1965) and the singer is Graham Nash!
PostPosted:Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:37 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
SpartyScott Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

I have listened to 60's music my whole life, including INNUMBERABLE hours of oldies radio.

I have truly never heard of Mirage!!!!!

But thanks to Google, I've tracked down the album in question:

http://www.cherryred.co.uk/rpm/artists/mirage.htm

The Mirage
Tomorrow Never Knows - The Pop Sike World Of The Mirage - Singles And Lost Sessions 1966-1968
RPMBC319

Another unsung band of the sixties UK pop sike scene. The package contains the singles leased to Phillips for release in the late 60's, plus the unissued sessions, including 11 previously unknown about tracks. These recently surfaced in the archives of lead band member Glynn.

The Mirage have an upbeat, harmony-laden approach akin to 1966 era Beatles and the Hollies. Many songs, mostly self penned, were storytelling, observational songs, the most famous of these being their 1967 single, "The Wedding of Ramona Blair," about a bride whose groom fails to show up at the ceremony, which has appeared on several compilations of British Psychedelia. The Mirage signed to Dick James Publishing and served as the house band for a penny or two, including sessions backing Elton John during his embryonic song writing days. Indeed later on, following the bands break up in 1968, Mirage guitarist Dee Murray then joined Elton Johns own band for his run of classic early 70's albums and tours. Another connection The Mirage had was through writer / producer Kirk Duncan, who in turn had a deal with the Hollies own Gralto Music Publishing company. So a propensity for some material to sound akin to the Hollies is not quite so surprising. It even culminates in a song demo from Glynn’s collection with Graham Nash singing lead for a Mirage session recording.

Tomorrow Never Knows (Phillips Bf 1534) 1966 / You Can't Be Serious (Phillips Bf 1534) 1966 / Go To Your Head / Spare A Thought For Me / Hold On (Phillips Bf 1554) 1967 / Can You Hear Me (Phillips Bf 1554) 1967 / One More Time / That I Know / The Wedding Of Ramona Blair (Phillips Bf 1571) 1967 / Lazy Man (Phillips Bf 1571) 1967 / Ebaneezer Beaver / Mrs Busby / I See The Rain / Lonely Highway / Hello Enid / Is Anybody Home / What Do I Care / How's Your Pa / Lazy Man Version 2 / See My World / Katherine / Ebaneezer Beaver / Go Away (W/Graham Nash)

UK 9.95 Europe 10.45 Other 10.95[/img]
PostPosted:Mon Oct 30, 2006 0:58 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

I've got the new CD. This is the demo version of their first single, featuring only Graham on vocals. I recommend this CD highly for Hollies collectors.

Would you believe the Hollies had power to stay by evolution of their style from Buddy Holly ? That's for certain because they follow what goes around, write on and go out on the road. They did it then, they do it now - please do it always.
PostPosted:Tue Oct 31, 2006 21:38 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
DistantLight Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Sounds interesting - I think I'll buy that CD!
PostPosted:Wed Nov 01, 2006 15:29 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1