graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music » The Hollies...playing for peanuts!
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Carrie Eloise Post subject: The Hollies...playing for peanuts!

Not more than an hour ago ESPN aired a commercial celebrating the 100th anniversary of the Planters Peanuts company, complete with a cartoon of Mr. Salty(?...the little peanut with the hat and monicle). The soundtrack??? "Step Inside" by the original Hollies!!! It's kind of silly, but nice to hear such an obscure album track on American television.
PostPosted:Mon Jul 17, 2006 20:33 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
James Towill Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Good God, you wonder how the advertising industry manage to unearth such obscurities!

PostPosted:Mon Jul 17, 2006 20:53 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Michaelstoker78 Post subject:
Banjo

Banjo

But without doubt a great track.... I always enjoyed it. Very catchy tune, pure fun.

PostPosted:Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:17 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
frostina Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

On the subject of TV adverts, there is also one running in the US for Gatorade, reminding everyone to keep well- hydrated during summer sports. "Long Cool Woman", or parts of it, is used as the background music.
PostPosted:Thu Jul 20, 2006 0:58 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
SpartyScott Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

I saw the Planters commercial last night on ESPN while watching the Tigers-White Sox baseball game.

It was great to hear the Hollies on television, even though surely almost nobody here recognizes the song as being by the Hollies.

My first place Tigers whippped the Sox on a grand slam home run, thanks much for asking. Very Happy
PostPosted:Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:58 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Who knows this could be the Hollies next number 1 in the States, shades of 1988 with he ain't heavy.

PostPosted:Mon Jul 24, 2006 15:34 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
brandy Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

SpartyScott wrote:

My first place Tigers whippped the Sox on a grand slam home run, thanks much for asking. Very Happy

Sorry SpartyScott, I did forgot to ask. Maybe that's because I'm a Twins fan. Very Happy But we're about to catch Chicago, so thanks for the help! I still haven't seen that commercial...but I do have the satisfaction of knowing that more Hollies have worn a Twins jersey than a Tigers jersey (probably!) Twisted Evil

PostPosted:Tue Jul 25, 2006 16:31 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

brandy wrote:
SpartyScott wrote:

Sorry SpartyScott, I did forgot to ask. Maybe that's because I'm a Twins fan. Very Happy But we're about to catch Chicago, so thanks for the help! I still haven't seen that commercial...but I do have the satisfaction of knowing that more Hollies have worn a Twins jersey than a Tigers jersey (probably!) Twisted Evil

Maybe we need a Major League Baseball forum here.

The Twins have a tough road to travel to win the wild card playoff berth. That's because the White Sox are a solid club - as befits the defending champs.

However, I do think that the Twins have a great shot to finish with a better record than anyone in the Eastern Division, for whatever that's worth.

There now -- isn't this better than posts about soccer? Laughing
PostPosted:Tue Jul 25, 2006 20:14 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
brandy Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

[quote="SpartyScott"][quote="brandy"]
SpartyScott wrote:

There now -- isn't this better than posts about soccer? Laughing

Actually, I did enjoy the FIFA World Cup...bear in mind that the only team that eventual champion Italy played - YET DID NOT DEFEAT- was Team USA, so maybe we could be considered co-champions?

(ducks and covers) Very Happy

But yeah, give me that seventh ining stretch, anytime!

PostPosted:Wed Jul 26, 2006 13:51 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
brandy Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

Quote:

The Twins have a tough road to travel to win the wild card playoff berth. That's because the White Sox are a solid club - as befits the defending champs.

However, I do think that the Twins have a great shot to finish with a better record than anyone in the Eastern Division, for whatever that's worth.

Probably the less I say at this point, the better. Twisted Evil

The 162nd and final game of the season, and the Twinkies finally get into first place...

Who would have thought that the Tigers would collapse as they did at the end of the season, or that Kansas City would take the final game of the season into 12 innings and play as if it was game 7 of the World Series? But all it means is that Detroit walks into the Yankee "buzzsaw" before the Twins meet the same fate (assuming Minnesota gets past Oakland).

And I can't enjoy gloating at the expense of an obviously decent guy and Spartan football fan who is still trying to absorb the shock of that Notre Dame game... Sad

PostPosted:Mon Oct 02, 2006 16:51 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

The Tigers definitely blew that last game, and should have been in first. From what I read, the Twins actually would have preferred to finish 2nd, figuring that they have no chance against the Yankees in a 7-game series. We'll see.

As for the Spartans, well, obviously John L. Smith is through. I nominate Pat Shurmur as the new coach - at least he's an MSU guy. Geez, this football season went down the tubes, and we have %*$&@ University of Michigan this week. Geez.
PostPosted:Tue Oct 03, 2006 0:42 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

brandy wrote:
Quote:

Probably the less I say at this point, the better. Twisted Evil

The 162nd and final game of the season, and the Twinkies finally get into first place...

Who would have thought that the Tigers would collapse as they did at the end of the season, or that Kansas City would take the final game of the season into 12 innings and play as if it was game 7 of the World Series? But all it means is that Detroit walks into the Yankee "buzzsaw" before the Twins meet the same fate (assuming Minnesota gets past Oakland).

And I can't enjoy gloating at the expense of an obviously decent guy and Spartan football fan who is still trying to absorb the shock of that Notre Dame game... Sad

While my football dream is shattered, keen minds will note that my Detroit Tigers just sent the New York Yankees home in tears. Sorry the Twins couldn't beat Oakland - hopefully, the Tigers can do better and FINALLY return to the World Series.
PostPosted:Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:20 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
chig Post subject:
Banjo

Banjo

This thread has gone way off topic. If you wish to resume it please do so in the appropriate place.

It is now locked.

PostPosted:Sun Oct 08, 2006 21:36 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic