graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music » RJ Stone show 1976
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Chirpy Post subject: RJ Stone show 1976
Banjo

Banjo

I've been lucky enough to come into possession of a DVD with the boys performing on the RJ Stone show in Canada in 1976.
It is absolutely incredible...! Having heard the Christchurch '76 concert many times, it is fantastic to see them performing some of the live hits CD songs live - although Pete Wingfield does seem to be on drugs and seems to overplay on some songs! Best track on the DVD has to be Write On - purely because it is a live version with the original line up who recorded the song.

Does anyone have any more background info on the show. And also, if they were in Canada and New Zealand in '76, where else did they get to that year?

Cheers,
Chirpy
PostPosted:Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:07 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
James Towill Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Sounds like a great DVD! Very Happy

PostPosted:Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:41 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
holliesfan Post subject: Re: RJ Stone show 1976
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Chirpy wrote:
I've been lucky enough to come into possession of a DVD with the boys performing on the RJ Stone show in Canada in 1976.
It is absolutely incredible...! Having heard the Christchurch '76 concert many times, it is fantastic to see them performing some of the live hits CD songs live - although Pete Wingfield does seem to be on drugs and seems to overplay on some songs! Best track on the DVD has to be Write On - purely because it is a live version with the original line up who recorded the song.

Is there any way other fans can get their hands on a copy of this DVD?
PostPosted:Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:15 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Chirpy Post subject: RJ Stone show
Banjo

Banjo

Hi Holliesfan,
I got mine through eBay - looks like the chap is selling another copy, check out item 4866106314

It is a double DVD with the BBC 1969 concert included as well.

The sound quality on the BBC concert is quite poor as there is a buzzing noise throughout.

The RJ Stone show is a good copy - although there is a minor synching delay between the sound and the picture.

The quality of the sound and picture is good though.

Regards,
Chirpy
PostPosted:Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:47 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
flavio Post subject:

Could anyone share this DVD via Bit Torrent ? There's a great torrent site called DIMEADOZEN (http://www.dimeadozen.org/).

PostPosted:Wed Apr 19, 2006 0:24 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
LWWG Post subject:

Hi Chirpy,
I'd like to shoot down a long held misconception that The Hollies filmed that special (with R&J Stone as special guests) in Canada. It may well have been sold to CBC in Canada for screening in that country but was in fact filmed at Studio 1, Kent House, at LWT's South Bank studios in south east London on 27 May 1976. The show was called 'Superpop Hollies 76' and broadcast on 31 July 1976 in the UK. It was produced and directed by Mike Mansfield, the man responsible for the 'Supersonic' pop TV series.
Cheers
Simon (sixtiespop@bigpond.com)
PostPosted:Mon Aug 28, 2006 16:24 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
MichealC Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Thatīs very interesting Simon. So I guess The Hollies have a proper tape of it in their archives somewhere. They change clothes during the course of the show so I wonder if it was filmed over more than one day? or perhaps they changed for the second half.

Do you know if they ever filmed a show for a sale at another time? There are references to a show called Superstars of Rock and Roll or something like that when Rickfors was in the band but Iīve never actually come across it and I wonder if it ever happened.

I really could like to see the Aussie show from ī71 I know some of it is floating around in private hands as video though it is officially lost I think.

Micheal
PostPosted:Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:22 am
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic