The Hollies Forum Index » Elevated Observation » The Four Kinsmen
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Susie Hewett Post subject: The Four Kinsmen
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

G,day Rob and Everyone Exclamation

Last night I went to a fantastic show at The Blacktown Workers Club (in Sydney) and saw 4 very talented entertainers The Four Kinsmen and they were absolutely Sensational. We were at a table down the front right in front of the stage which was great.

For those who don't know who the Four Kinsmen are, They have been around for more than 30 years and they sing and do send-ups of anything and everything. There is also a guy named Tony who performs with them, he plays a Keyboard which plays all the background music and does the sound affects too. One of The Four Kinsmen Graham also plays a Guitar.

The four kinsmen started the show (at 8pm) with a song that Ive never heard before and that Billy Joel song For The Longest Time. They then did the funniest send-up of The Wiggles I have ever seen. They dressed in Red, Blue Yellow and Purple T-Shirts and had a car made of cardboard. Like the real Wiggles and spoke to the audience like we were little children and even called us boys and girls instead of ladies and gentlemen. They then sent up 60's Australian group The Seekers with Robert play the part of Judith Durham complete with a look black wig. The group,s leader George did a great Rolf Harris (another Australian) and Robert did a great impersonation of Billy Connolly and Frank Spencer (from Some Mothers Do 'Av them), he was so convincing that you could almost swear it was the real Billy and Frank. Then George start talking and Scott went backstage and came back with 2 stools (with steel leggs) and just dropped them onto the stage, then he picked the stools up and dropped them again and then he got his legs twisted around the legs of the stools and couldn't break free, Robert and Graham went to help him. While all this was going on George was talking but of course no-one was listening because we were busy laughing at Scott and his antics with the stools. Scott finally got free of the stools and George turned around and told him to sit down, he also said 'Use Your head', Scott then thought for a few seconds and then got on the stool upside down. To end the first set The Four Kinsmen brought out their puppets George's Koala, Scott's Kangaroo, Robert's Kookaburra and Graham's Emu. They and the puppets did a comedy sketch and then they (and the puppets) sang Advance Australia Fair (our national anthem) and Waltzing Matilda.

The first set went for 1 hour and 10 minutes, we then had an intermission of 20 minutes and the second set went for another hour and 5 minutes.

In the second set The Four Kinsmen sang some more songs and did some more comedy (or humor). At one stage the lights went out for about 30 seconds and when they came back on the guys had hats of chicken feathers and mains on their heads and were walking around and cackling and Robert said 'Go Ahead, Make Me Lay' he then laid a fried egg. Then they sang a funny chicken song to the tune of that Queen song Bohemian Rhapsody. Scott went to move a microphone stand and got his finger caught in the hole where the microphone goes and couldn't get it out so Graham and Robert once again went to his rescue with hullarious results, while this went on George was talking and again no-one was taking notice of him because we were laughing at the other 3. George did a good impersonation of Pavarotti and then he, Robert and Scott impersonated the 3 Tenors and did a brilliant job of it too, Graham was with Tony at the Keyborad with a thin stick acting as a conductor . Scott and Robert also did a absolutely brilliant performance that Irish dance called River Dance which lasted about 5 minutes. They were that good that they both gave us an encore and danced for about another 2 minutes.

The show ended at 10.35 (by my watch) and the four kinsmen lined up on the stage (like The Hollies do) and took their final bows and everyone cheered and gave them a well deserved standing ovation.

To all you Aussies reading this - if The Four Kinsmen perform near where you live, I would recommend going to see them. They are what I call real entertainers and you won't be disappointed if you see then.

My rating for the concert - 10 out of 10

Susie

PostPosted:Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:04 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Elevated Observation
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1