graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Look What We've Got » "Purple Rain/Naomi/Two Shadows"
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
benny-b-goode Post subject: "Purple Rain/Naomi/Two Shadows"
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I woud like to know where I could get the "Purple Rain/Naomi/Two Shadows" single from.
I bought the single on Ebay some months ago. I was extremely happy because "Naomi" and "Two Shadows" were the last two songs that were officially released I did not have and I was very curious to hear those two songs. Unfortunately, the single arrived broken in pieces here in Germany. It was not handled with much more care on its transport from England. To hold this rare single in my hands in many pieces made me very sad. I would like to know if there is a chance to get these songs anywhere else. Or could anybody who owns the single describe the songs to me ? Are they worth having them ? Are they fast or slow songs ? Is there harmony singing in them or not ?
PostPosted:Mon Jun 26, 2006 20:42 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
SpartyScott Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

In my opinion, any Hollies song that you don't have is worth owning, so sure, seek them out. If you like much of the post What Goes Around material with Clarke, then you'll probably like these songs, too.

As to where you can get them, I'll suggest getting the triple CD 30th Anniversary collection. Unfortunately, it's now out of print, I think, but old copies should turn up from time to time on Ebay. That release contains the songs you want, plus some other songs that made their first even appearance -- like "I Understand" and "She Gives Me Everything I Want."
PostPosted:Mon Jun 26, 2006 21:20 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
DistantLight Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Naomi and Two Shadows are both somewhat faster songs and are co-written by bandmembers. Naomi is a bit funk influenced, has lots of percussion and a good brass riff (or are that synthesisers?).
Two Shadows is a catchy rock song with a nice guitar/bass riff. Could have been a good album track.
But both songs still have that 80s production (lot's of synthesisers and electronically sounding drums).
PostPosted:Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:43 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Ray Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

Hi
Not sure where you can pick up a copy of the 12" single. Sometime it appears on Ebay, but not very often. However "Naomi" and "Two Shadows" are also on the 4 track CD entitled "The Air That I breath" this is released by EMI Germany and I think is sometimes refered to as the "Opel collection" or maybe just "Opel" I have seen this CD availiable on the Amazon UK site. You will have to look right through their listing under the Hollies, and it will be secondhand. I hope this helps.
PostPosted:Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:19 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
benny-b-goode Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Hi Ray,

thank you for the information about the Opel commercial C.D.. I have ordered it the neext day from Amazon. Now I have both songs and an interesting live version of "Another Night" from 1992.

But I am a little bit confused because in the C.D. the information is given that "Another Night" is taken from an upcoming live album. So, which live album is that ? I only have the 1976 concert from New Zealand and the Reunion concert with Graham Nash from 1983.

But anyway, thanks to you, Ray
PostPosted:Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:12 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Ray Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

Hi Benny-B-Goode
Glad to hear that you got a copy of this CD. I too own this CD, and have always kept an eye out for that forth coming live recording, but have never seen nor heard of it as of yet. Perhaps somebody else has heard of this 1992 live recording? did it even get released?
Cheers Ray
PostPosted:Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:04 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

The 1992 live album never came out. A pity, because at that time Allan's voice was still very strong.

Would you believe the Hollies had power to stay by evolution of their style from Buddy Holly ? That's for certain because they follow what goes around, write on and go out on the road. They did it then, they do it now - please do it always.
PostPosted:Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:49 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Look What We've Got
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1