graphic
Goto page Previous  1, 2
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music » DVD on itīs way?
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

The guy selling the DVD's on ebay is no longer a registed user on ebay, I had placed a bid and today got an email saying he had gone.
Still would like to get a copy, Oh well,
Anthony

PostPosted:Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:01 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Chirpy Post subject: DVD won on eBay
Banjo

Banjo

Folks,
Having just returned from a hockey tour to Belgium, I can confirm that I have won the auction for one of these DVDs - although I can confirm Anthony's point about the seller no longer being registered on eBay - let's just hope the paypal method works...

Will let you know more when (hopefully!) the DVD arrives...

Chirpy
PostPosted:Mon Jun 26, 2006 22:55 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

I ordered the DVD from CDON yesterday, they usually are quick. If you choose EU on their start page, you get English language.

Would you believe the Hollies had power to stay by evolution of their style from Buddy Holly ? That's for certain because they follow what goes around, write on and go out on the road. They did it then, they do it now - please do it always.
PostPosted:Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:45 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Bonus Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I got the new dvd today. It will be hard to make a better dvd as the songs from the sixties canīt be made better than on this dvd.

My recommendation is Buy it and enjoy it! And forget the dvdīs on ebay.

PS I canīt understand why they put The Dreamers "Longing for you" as the backupsong to the pictures they show on the last track...???
PostPosted:Mon Jul 03, 2006 13:41 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
SpartyScott Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Bonus wrote:
I got the new dvd today. It will be hard to make a better dvd as the songs from the sixties canīt be made better than on this dvd.

My recommendation is Buy it and enjoy it! And forget the dvdīs on ebay.

PS I canīt understand why they put The Dreamers "Longing for you" as the backupsong to the pictures they show on the last track...???

OK, so what do you think, once and for all?

Legit or boot?
PostPosted:Mon Jul 03, 2006 16:51 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Bonus Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I think itīs legit.

Anyway, how can we ever be sure that anything is legit or boot...? For example, how many of the compilations are legit and how many are bootlegs?
PostPosted:Tue Jul 04, 2006 18:15 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Knut,
I have tried to find EU on the start page, can you give me an idea where to look.
Not having much luck at the moment,
Thanks,
Anthony

PostPosted:Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:13 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Chirpy Post subject: It's here Anthony....
Banjo

Banjo

Hi Anthony,
Hope all is well, to get to the EU page of CDON, you can follow this link directly :

http://www.cdon.com/main.phtml?navroot=906

Then search for Hollies at the top and select He Ain't Heavy (etc) which is the first option I think.

TTFN,
Chirpy
PostPosted:Wed Jul 05, 2006 13:04 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Chirpy,
I'm going well, thanks for the link, now I can read it.
Looks like they don't deliver to Australia, I sent off an email and will see what happens.
I'll let you know what happens,
Thanks again,
Anthony

PostPosted:Wed Jul 05, 2006 22:52 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi all,
I won myself a copy on ebay, great to see they are back on that site, from the reports here it's a great buy,
thanks for everybody's help in trying to get a copy.
I'll let you know what I think when it arrives,
Anthony

PostPosted:Sun Jul 09, 2006 14:46 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Chirpy Post subject: DVD contents
Banjo

Banjo

Folks,
I've now also got the DVD - so people can see what they're getting, I've put a few notes about the contents...my overall opinion is that it is well made, and as been alluded to earlier in the thread, probably the best examples of the clips that have been doing the rounds on the 'download circuit'.

1) Introduction - intros to all the clips blended together
2) Carrie Anne - Mimed, in colour, psychadelic Carrie Anne signs in the background. swirling pattern on screen during steel drum solo
3) Sorry Suzanne - Black and white, mimed
4) Jennifer Eccles, Black and white, mimed, Beat Club performance
5) Do The Best You Can - Black and white, mimed and as per the Special Edition DVD
6) Look Through Any Window - Black and white, mimed, with a slightly over-the-top American compere introducing the Hollies as an American football team, e.g. "from Blackpool (?) weighing 133 pounds, Graham Nash" and so on - which he follows with "Let's do this for Ringo" - bizarre, but captivating!
7) Listen To Me - Black and white, mimed with Allan Clarke showing off some majestic sideburns - the one with an enlarged image of the band 'ghosted' onto the background
8) Very Last Day - Black and white, live, Allan looking a tad warm!
9) He Ain't Heavy... - from a German show, in colour, Clarkey's vocal is live, the rest is as per the record (I think - need to listen to the orchestral bit again)
10) I Can't Let Go, Black and white, live, from the same session as 8).
11) Long Cool Woman - in colour, mimed, the one where Mr Clarke bears his chest...
12) Yes I Will - live, black and white, Tony on a Vox coffin, dancing girls in cages above the band and you can see part of a sign that says 'A Go Go' - maybe Whiskey A Go Go?
13) Air That I Breathe - in colour, Allan Clarke vocals live, the rest mimed. Screen displays the band in a goldfish bowl type effect at times
14) Dear Eloise, Black and white, mimed, the one with the cars and the building in the background at the start, with Bobby popping up out of knowwhere for the 2-3-4
15) Too Young To Be Married, mimed, in colour, Allan sitting down at the front of the band's podium - might be the weight of the moustache he seems to have acquired - cuts to a different mimed version of the song for the guitar solo where Tony seems to have acquired the moustache...strange!
16) Amnesty, mimed, in colour, would appear to be of German origin judging by the address for what I assume was their fanclub based at Hamburg that pops up
17) Stop Stop Stop - live, black and white, close up of Tony's Vox coffin at the start, Graham says 'keep going, keep going' at the end
18) On A Carousel, next song from the concert after 17)
19) Bus Stop - as per 17) and 18)
20) Longing For You - Dreamers song (which borrows a tad heavily from Red River Rock!) which complements pictures of the band from 1963 to present day.

Ta,
Chirpy
PostPosted:Sun Jul 09, 2006 17:08 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

The DVD has several US television clips:

2) Carrie-Anne (mimed, although Clarke can be heard singing over the record. From The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour. On this show, they also did a video for "Dear Eloise"; too bad it is not included)
6) Yes I Will (from Hullaballoo; great live performance, with some terrific dancers in front of the band)
7) Look Through Any Window (also Hullaballoo)

Looks like most, if not all, of these clips have been making the rounds for years. The live performances, naturally, are best.
PostPosted:Sun Jul 09, 2006 19:00 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi all,
Got my copy of the DVD today, and I can tell you I'm very pleased with it.
Sadly they are the same clips you always seem to find but it's nice to have them all on one DVD. The only one I have not seen before was The Air That I Breathe, a great clip.
Make you think how many other classic clips are out there somewhere.
Let's hope these people sell heaps and then they put together a volume 2.
It does not look like a bootleg to me.
Anthony

PostPosted:Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:32 am
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Page 2 of 2