graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Boys In The Band » SPENDING TIME WITH THOSE THAT MATTER
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
carol7cat Post subject: SPENDING TIME WITH THOSE THAT MATTER
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

I would like to use this opportunity to personally thank the guys for the time and enthusiasm that they dedicate to spending time with the fans at the end of each and every show.
I have been seeing The Hollies for 18 years, you could say I have grown with them, and have been constantly amazed by the warmth,friendliness and affection they show towards the fans.
I think people tend to forget how extremely hard they all work, at the end of a concert the last thing they probably want to do is linger, but you are never made to feel that way.
I now have children and only maybe get to one or two concerts a tour, but each time I am greeted with warmth and a genuine interest in how I and the family are!!!
How many bands can you say will treat you like that today!!!
It would be nice if those who were left behind moved up to be with the rest of us!!!
PostPosted:Sun Mar 26, 2006 20:55 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Martin Dodd Post subject: Re: SPENDING TIME WITH THOSE THAT MATTER
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

carol7cat wrote:
I would like to use this opportunity to personally thank the guys for the time and enthusiasm that they dedicate to spending time with the fans at the end of each and every show.
I have been seeing The Hollies for 18 years, you could say I have grown with them, and have been constantly amazed by the warmth,friendliness and affection they show towards the fans.
I think people tend to forget how extremely hard they all work, at the end of a concert the last thing they probably want to do is linger, but you are never made to feel that way.
I now have children and only maybe get to one or two concerts a tour, but each time I am greeted with warmth and a genuine interest in how I and the family are!!!
How many bands can you say will treat you like that today!!!
It would be nice if those who were left behind moved up to be with the rest of us!!!

Hi Carol
With the exeption of Chip Hawkes and Ray Wilson of Genesis/Stiltskin who is touring at the moment not many have a good one to one artist and fan friendship you talk of.

I dont get what you meant in your post when you said " It would be nice if those who were left behind moved up to be with the rest of us!! "

As for myself as of yet I have never been lucky enough to meet any of the current Hollies with the exception of Bobby Elliot on his night off at a "Gas Company" Featuring Ex Rubbetes Singer Guitarist Tony Thorpe at The Lamb in Preston some years ago.

Martin
PostPosted:Sat Jun 10, 2006 16:34 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Boys In The Band
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1