graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Out On The Road » Dublin Gig
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
CeireB Post subject: Dublin Gig
Banjo

Banjo

Well for mothers day this year, decided to get my mam 2 tickets for the Hollies. She's not the easiest woman to get out of the house these days, now that you're not allowed smoke anywhere in Ireland, sure why would you want to go out and enjoy yourself when you can sit in and smoke Wink

And the smile on her face when she opened the card and saw the tickets - she hadn't even realised The Hollies were still gigging! They were always her favourite band since she was a teenager, reckon she had a bit of a thing for Allan Clarke (and sure who'd blame her!!).

She'd been to see them back in the 60s when they played in the Arcadia in Bray, but she got crushed by the crowd and was pulled out and missed the rest of the gig, so had to make sure she behaved herself this time!!

So in we headed, to Vicar Street. Neither of us had ever been to the venue before so we didn't know where our seats were, or what the place would be like. To be honest I was a bit worried that the place would be half empty! We were both delighted as our table was right up the very front, just in front of the speakers. The only thing about the place we didn't like was that the bar was only open before the gig started, so there was a mad crush for pints!

Having a good look around the crowd, was suprised at how many were there. The only seats empty were those at the very very top, the rest of the place was packed out. Reckon I might just have been the youngest in the place though!

Thankfully there was no support, cos let's face it no one ever really wants to see them! When the band came on, they belted straight into it, with I'm Alive, Here I Go Again, Jennifer Eccles, Yes I Will and Carousel. I only really know the old songs as I hadn't got my hands on the new album yet, so admittedly some of the tracks were lost on me Embarassed

Best songs for me on the night were Sorry Suzanne and Carrie Ann, and when the band played Bus Stop half the crowd pulled out their umbrellas and started waving them all over the place! Maybe it's like a Rocky Horror show thing, the oul audience participation - but I wasn't expecting it at all!!

Another highlight was Tiger Feet, again which we weren't expecting but which got everyone dancing up the front of the stage.

So all in all, a great night was had. Was great to see me Mam having such a good time and singing along to all the classics. We had a great view of Steve Lauri (and what a view - lovely!!) AND I got a kiss from Ray Stiles before they left, me Mam was so proud!!!!! (She'll be telling people about that for years!)

Would I go to see them again - definitely. Will I buy the new album - for sure.

So lads, come on back to Dublin, and it'll hopefully be front row seats again for what will be another crackin gig.

Ceire
PostPosted:Tue May 23, 2006 20:13 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Out On The Road
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1