graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Elevated Observation » CSNY battling TicketMaster fees on their N. American tour
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
SpartyScott Post subject: CSNY battling TicketMaster fees on their N. American tour
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Although I'm really no longer a fan of their music, I wish them all the luck in the world in this fight against the rip-off known as TicketMaster.

I received this E-mail tonight:

Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young are pleased to announce pre-sale ticketing for their upcoming Summer 2006 'Freedom of Speech' Tour! You can buy tickets to select CSNY shows before they go on sale to the public through this webpage:

www.csny.tickets.musictoday.com

CSNY Direct Ticketing allows you to buy pre-sale tickets online for upcoming shows directly from the artist, as an effort to reduce the high surcharges from other online ticket vendors, and to offer a more convenient ticketing option. Pre-sale tickets will be offered for each date of the 2006 CSNY Summer Tour, with pre-sales taking place for select dates each Tuesday at 12:00 pm (Noon) for the next 4-5 weeks. Please stay tuned for each Tuesday’s pre-sale ticket announcements, as additional dates are made available for pre-sales.

The below tour dates pre-sales begin this Tuesday, April 25th at 12:00 pm (Noon) local venue time and end Thursday, April 27th at 12:00 pm (Noon) EST.

Tour Dates:

7/14/06
Winnipeg, MB
MTS Centre

7/25/06
Concord, CA
Chronicle Pavilion

7/27/06
Seattle, WA
White River Amphitheater

7/28/06
Portland, OR
Clark County Amphitheater

8/12/06
Washington DC
Nissan Pavilion

8/20/06
Holmdel, NJ
PNC Bank Arts Center

8/22/06
Wantagh, NY
Jones Beach

8/31/06
Detroit, MI
Palace at Auburn Hills
PostPosted:Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:51 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject: Re: CSNY battling TicketMaster fees on their N. American tou
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

SpartyScott wrote:
Although I'm really no longer a fan of their music, I wish them all the luck in the world in this fight against the rip-off known as TicketMaster.

I received this E-mail tonight:

Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young are pleased to announce pre-sale ticketing for their upcoming Summer 2006 'Freedom of Speech' Tour! You can buy tickets to select CSNY shows before they go on sale to the public through this webpage:

www.csny.tickets.musictoday.com

CSNY Direct Ticketing allows you to buy pre-sale tickets online for upcoming shows directly from the artist, as an effort to reduce the high surcharges from other online ticket vendors, and to offer a more convenient ticketing option. Pre-sale tickets will be offered for each date of the 2006 CSNY Summer Tour, with pre-sales taking place for select dates each Tuesday at 12:00 pm (Noon) for the next 4-5 weeks. Please stay tuned for each Tuesday’s pre-sale ticket announcements, as additional dates are made available for pre-sales.

The below tour dates pre-sales begin this Tuesday, April 25th at 12:00 pm (Noon) local venue time and end Thursday, April 27th at 12:00 pm (Noon) EST.

Tour Dates:

7/14/06
Winnipeg, MB
MTS Centre

7/25/06
Concord, CA
Chronicle Pavilion

7/27/06
Seattle, WA
White River Amphitheater

7/28/06
Portland, OR
Clark County Amphitheater

8/12/06
Washington DC
Nissan Pavilion

8/20/06
Holmdel, NJ
PNC Bank Arts Center

8/22/06
Wantagh, NY
Jones Beach

8/31/06
Detroit, MI
Palace at Auburn Hills

That motley crew has long past the point of usefulness. They were never much good to begin with, in my opinion. But I do like some of Neil Young's early '70s work: "Cinnamon Girl", "Down By the River", etc.
PostPosted:Tue May 02, 2006 22:47 pm

Last edited by Dennis on Fri May 05, 2006 16:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Shelley Post subject: CSNY battling TicketMaster fees on their N. American tour
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

SpartyScott wrote:

The Ticket Master company seems to be pretty good over here, IMO, the likes of Get Me Tickets are our rip off's.
PostPosted:Wed May 03, 2006 7:19 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Neil Young's presence makes the tour more notable, of course. It would be nice to hear such Young tunes as "Southern Man" and "Only Love Can Break Your Heart", but then, I can always stay at home and listen to "After the Goldrush". Interesting how The Hollies had "Only Love..." in their set list in 1971 (with Clarke) and 1972 (with Rickfors, but Tony Hicks sang lead on it).
PostPosted:Fri May 05, 2006 16:45 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
KingRickfors Post subject: CSNY

I'm stunned that one writer says he's no longer a fan of CSNY music whilst another says they are way past their usefulness ......... i mean come on ........ whilst the Hollies wait almost 20 years and dither around releasing what can best be described as unoriginal pap ...... CSN and occasionally Y continue to make vital and important original music. C&N's album from last year was an absolute masterpiece .... as was their tour. Nash also released a brilliant solo record and even Stills' latest effort was solid. Crosby's work with CPR is superb and deserves a much broader audience since some of his best songs are to be found on their albums......... Although popular writers would have you believe that NY is the only one worth listening to, they are very wrong as usual since he has lost the plot these days .......Greendale was rubbish and the new one is a thrown together heap that is only redeemed because of its anti war sentiments.
Go on, ..... dig out the recent C&N album and all of the CPR albums and then tell me i'm wrong !![/quote]
PostPosted:Mon May 22, 2006 22:11 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

I have never liked David Crosby, his songs or his person.
PostPosted:Tue May 23, 2006 4:58 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Tony Wilkinson Post subject:

Yeah, but your a miserable so and so Dennis........!!!!
PostPosted:Tue May 23, 2006 16:49 pm
graphic
Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
James Towill Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

KingRickfors: have you heard Neil's latest CD, his anti-war thingy?

PostPosted:Tue May 23, 2006 17:33 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
SpartyScott Post subject: Re: CSNY
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

KingRickfors wrote:
I'm stunned that one writer says he's no longer a fan of CSNY music whilst another says they are way past their usefulness

King, I think that I'm the guy your first post is aimed at.

My reason for not listening to CSN is simply that they (aside from Nash) can no longer hit the notes when singing.

It's tough to enjoy the work of singers who can't sing.
PostPosted:Tue May 23, 2006 18:59 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Tony Wilkinson wrote:

Wrong. I'm quite happy, thank you.

David Crosby has made very nasty remarks about The Hollies in the past, and I doubt his opinion has changed. Even Nash called him an (expletive). Besides, he looks like a walrus. Shocked
PostPosted:Wed May 24, 2006 1:47 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
James Towill Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Dennis wrote:
Tony Wilkinson wrote:

David Crosby has made very nasty remarks about The Hollies in the past, and I doubt his opinion has changed. Even Nash called him an (expletive). Besides, he looks like a walrus. Shocked

LMAO! I think CSN well and truly sold out on the ideology they first embraced. Teach Your Children? More like Hug Your Bankmanager.

PostPosted:Wed May 24, 2006 6:50 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
DistantLight Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Dennis wrote:
Besides, he looks like a walrus. Shocked

That's true! Laughing
PostPosted:Wed May 24, 2006 9:23 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

James Towill wrote:
Dennis wrote:
Tony Wilkinson wrote:

LMAO! I think CSN well and truly sold out on the ideology they first embraced. Teach Your Children? More like Hug Your Bankmanager.

Right on. They've lost every bit of credibility they supposedly once had. A better name for them: Crappy Skills Cash & Old.
PostPosted:Thu May 25, 2006 16:35 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Elevated Observation
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1