The Hollies Forum Index » Reflections Of A Time Long Past » Staying Power
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
James Towill Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

DistantLight wrote:
I don't think there has been any marketing at all.

To be honest, I was relatively impressed with the adverts for the album/tour which I encountered in the music press and in national newspapers, just seems that EMI did not follow it through for whatever reason.

It's such a shame when you consider the really great releases in the past, such as the 'At Abbey Road' series which was an absolute gem and yet received little publicity in the music press - after all, how many bands would have canned great material like 'Schoolgirl' and 'Samuel' only to dust them off decades later and add contemporary overdubs and release them for hard-core fans? It was moments like this which made being a Hollies collector really great.

PostPosted:Tue Apr 25, 2006 21:26 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
carol7cat Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

It certainly seems a shame that EMI have let this one slip through the net so as to speak.
I hope they don't leave it too long before they release a new album, Rock and Roll songs as someone suggested sounds great Very Happy
Maybe even some tibetan chants James!!!
PostPosted:Tue Apr 25, 2006 21:36 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Shelley Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

James Towill wrote:
And we'll not even go into the incident flagged up in a music magazine a few years back about certain band members having plaster casts made of their genitalia (perhaps this inspired Nash's nickname of Willy The One-eyed Wonder Worm) Shocked Laughing Wink Laughing

Err what's this? Is this true, plaster casts made of male private area's?
PostPosted:Tue Apr 25, 2006 22:13 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
holliesfan Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

carol7cat wrote:
How about so Damn Beautiful was that released as a CD single or a download? Did it chart?

It totally baffles me how noboby seems to know the status of SDB. Do you think the Hollies themselves have a notion? As relates to marketing SDB and Suspended Animation....please don't get me started on that subject. Shame Shame EMI!
PostPosted:Tue Apr 25, 2006 22:20 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Cindy1986 Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

I got Staying Power for my Birthday (on 1st April) and it is one of the most brilliant albums I have ever listened to, I just love it. Razz

My fave tracks are - Hope, So Damn Beautiful, Suspended Animation, Shine On Me and Prove Me Wrong. Smile

Rating - 10/10

Cindy
PostPosted:Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:45 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
James Towill Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

[quote="Shelley"]
James Towill wrote:
Err what's this? Is this true, plaster casts made of male private area's?

According to this article (I think it was in UK Music Magazine Mojo) - apparently a few bands took part in this 'project' by a sculptor. I think something was mentioned either on here or in the Hollies Yahoogroup about it a good while back.

PostPosted:Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:19 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Beebs Post subject:

Cynthia Plastercaster was a legendary groupie from the 60s who used to make plaster casts of (cover the eyes of your younguns! This is a family forum!) *whispers* genitalia of rock stars. It was just the thing to do...kind of a status symbol to be asked (kind of like being on the cover of the Rolling Stone, except it, erhm, wasn't!).

She's still in doing it years later apparently! Her official website is www.cynthiaplastercaster.com, but I found this news article even more interesting:

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/plastercaster.s%20hall%20of%20fame%20honour

Apparently the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland wants her to donate her collection!

Which makes me respect the Sex Pistols even more for turning down their honours this year...Yeah, show all this respect for the plastercasts of dead rock stars's appendages, but ignore the Hollies for inclusion year after year...

Hey, stop the interesting threads! I'm supposed to be at work!

PostPosted:Thu Apr 27, 2006 14:21 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

The Rock and Roll Hall of Shame is what it should be called. It has zero credibility with me.
PostPosted:Tue Jul 25, 2006 16:04 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Gee Post subject: Plastercaster.....
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

she had some dubious fame...and there is a reference to her "exploits" in the last line of 10c.c.'s song "The Hospital Song" on their first album, which ends with the line....
"....And when I go, I'll die of "plastercasting" love...."
PostPosted:Tue Feb 13, 2007 21:08 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Reflections Of A Time Long Past
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic