The Hollies Forum Index » Write On » Hollies Members Answers
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Shells2907 Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

HI Gina

Maybe that's the problem.....maybe they SHOULD take a bit of time to think that it would be a nice touch on their behalf... After all, most of us have jobs AND can concentrate on other stuff....

No offence to Rob, but I don't think ANYONE should be answering questions the fans ask them but them... Carl has a Q&A section on his site... if he can do it why not the rest of the band Question

Shells
The Queen of Scottish Knits
xxx
PostPosted:Thu Feb 26, 2004 20:15 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Gina Post subject:
Banjo

Banjo

Hi Shells,
more then 40 years in the biz take their toll, and I think that those who have the say in the group are financially alright, they go on stage because they enjoy the playing, there is no need to "fight" for audiences or to do more then necessary. They give you a good concert, but there is not much progress, hardly any changes since the last tour, and using a video screen makes it even more programmed. Don`t get me wrong, their concerts are still great and if you are lucky to catch them, they are all nice to talk to, but I doubt there will be any first steps towards fans from their side.
That's a reason why I do appreciate the "Searchers", always saying: "we are lucky we can do a job we enjoy, and there are lot of people coming to our concerts who have to work harder then we do, so they can expect we do our best" and they are doing the fan friendly things. But that`s nothing you can force...who knows, let's wait, maybe Rob can persuade somebody from the Hollies to sacrifice a bit of time...
PostPosted:Thu Feb 26, 2004 20:50 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Shells2907 Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Hi Gina

That is what annoys me about the Hollies and I've been a fan for the full 40 years... most other bands from the same era have a completely different attitude to their fans.. meeting with them, chatting and being less distanced than the lads.

I don't know why they are like that and why they don't wanna be closer to the fans, but it would certainly be a bonus if they would follow the examples of their other compatriots in the biz from the same period of time.

I personally don't think that it should be up to Rob to persuade them to do anything... it should be their management that suggests they listen to the fans....

We'll just have to go to the concerts and enjoy them but at the same time be a little bit disappointed that they won't give the fans that wee bit extra... I'll still be a fan albeit a wee bit disillusioned with this.

It shouldn't be a SACRIFICE to pay attention to the Q & A's the fans have... but a pleasure to do it.. after all, if they don't go to the concerts and buy the music they wouldn't be around today..

Shells
The Queen of Scottish Knits
xxx
PostPosted:Thu Feb 26, 2004 21:21 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Gina Post subject:
Banjo

Banjo

Hi Shells,
probably we are in it with too many emotions. After a "shiver down the spine" concert I'm in high spirits for a couple of days and immediately after it could hug the whole world, and for sure there is the wish to meet them or to get answers to the bunch of questions. Well, for them it's just doing the job.
Of course I'm not happy with that, but it's up to us how to deal with it. For me it's still alright as far as the concert is good, things like the lenghts or the sound. I do get angry if they use their tour openers as test range and you have a lousy sound but paid the usual price, so won't go to any of the first concerts any more. Neither shall I buy a record for just one new song.
Alright, enough writing for today, greetings to all
PostPosted:Thu Feb 26, 2004 21:48 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
KathyGoGo Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

I can see Rob is hearing our pleas but I guess all he can really do is ask 'the boys' if they would participate in a Q & A. If the Hollies say 'no' he can't make them. (Can you Rob?)

PostPosted:Thu Feb 26, 2004 23:31 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
GordonJ Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

They've mibby forgoten the answers to a lot of the questions they'd be asked Laughing I can't continue this message as the next bit is off topic Rolling Eyes Please go to "elevated observations" to continue.
GordonJ
PostPosted:Fri Feb 27, 2004 0:01 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

I don't feel it's the end of the world this Q&A thing, okay I know it would be nice but I believe the band is happy to play the shows and go home. We have to remember some of the lads are around 60 and if they are like some of the 60 year olds I know, they are winding down in life.
Just enjoy the show, don't ask for too much, no use being upset by what we might like.

PostPosted:Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:07 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Susie Hewett Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

I agree all Rob can do is ask the guys if they would like to participate in a Q&A thing and if they say yes that's great but if they say no then no-one can make them. And like Anthony said, just go to the shows and don't expect too much. Afterall Carl, Tony, Alan, Ray, Bobby and Ian are only human like the rest of us and need to get some rest and spend time with their families as well. Rolling Eyes

All The Best

Susie

Razz Very Happy
PostPosted:Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:27 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Write On
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Page 2 of 2