graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Write On » Hollies Members Answers
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
holliesfan Post subject: Hollies Members Answers
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

I would like to offer the following suggestion relative to the new forum. Would it be possible to provide Hollies fans with a process whereby they could ask questions of a specific band member? Perhaps Rob could than present the question(s) to that particular member. Those band members having access to a computer could than enter their answer(s) directly to the forum. If they are computer-less, they might be able to dictate their answers to Rob who could then post them here. Futhermore, I would like to expand this idea to include ALL former Hollies members(Terry, Graham, Eric, Bernie, etc.) should they like to participate. I would appreciate hearing your thoughts and comments on this.
PostPosted:Sun Jan 18, 2004 17:19 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
hollies Post subject:

Site Admin

It is an idea I am working on but, as you suspect, not all of the band have computers.

I will be talking with each of the band members whilst on tour in the next few weeks so keep- your eyes open. I will let you all know.

The whole website will undergo a complete transition over the next few Question so again, keep looking.

Cheers Rob
PostPosted:Sun Jan 18, 2004 18:59 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
KathyGoGo Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

Great idea Holliesfan. Most artists participate in their official web sites. Thanks for considering it Rob.
PostPosted:Sun Jan 18, 2004 20:50 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi all,
What a great idea a Q&A section with a Hollie. I'm sure it would work well and give the fans a thrill to hear from the lads.
Bye,
Anthony Very Happy

PostPosted:Sun Jan 18, 2004 22:41 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Susie Hewett Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi all

I think that the Q & A thing is a fanatstic idea. It would be great to have a conversation with the Hollies band members even if it is by way of a computer. Thank so much Rob for giving it some consideration.

All the best to all, Susie
PostPosted:Mon Jan 19, 2004 2:21 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
peeji Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

This would be a brilliant idea! It would bring the guys a little bit closer to their fans!

Cool
PostPosted:Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:43 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

It would give the fans around the world a chance to feel more apart of the Hollies, great idea a link up convention over the net.
Bye, Anthony

PostPosted:Tue Jan 20, 2004 20:46 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Shells2907 Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

What a brilliant idea! Rob, the chance to chat to the Hollies would go down really well! I'm actually surprised to hear that some of the lads aren't online and/or don't have websites... Come on lads join the forum and let's hear from you

Very Happy

Shells
The Queen of Scottish Knits
xxx
PostPosted:Tue Jan 27, 2004 19:51 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Girloutside Post subject: Carl Wayne Q and As

Dear All

Just to let you know we have a question and answer feature set up on Carl's website. Just visit www.carlwayne.co.uk and click on "interactive" or send your question to info@carlwayne.co.uk. The next round will be answered soon. It would certainly be good to get one set up here for the other guys, it's fun.

Helen
www.carlwayne.co.uk
PostPosted:Wed Jan 28, 2004 14:39 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Shells2907 Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Hi Helen

You're right, Carl's Q & A is excellent. Deffo a good idea to have something like that on the Hollies' site.... Very Happy

Rob, have you checked it out yet? It's cool being able to ask questions and get the from "the horse's" mouth... no offence meant of course Smile

Cheers Helen, I've bookmarked that one, thanx an you've done well with the site!

Shells
xxx
PostPosted:Wed Jan 28, 2004 18:32 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Susie Hewett Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

I agree Helen and Shells, it would be great to have a Q & A segment on The Hollies Site where the boys can answer their own questions like Carl does on his site. I'm sure that some people have questions they would like to ask the guys. Please consider it Rob. Thankyou.

All the best

Susie
PostPosted:Thu Jan 29, 2004 2:15 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Sharon Olson Post subject:
Banjo

Banjo

Hi All,

Just have to add my two cents worth on how wonderful it would be to be able to have the boys actually pop in and visit with us. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Bye,
Shari
PostPosted:Thu Feb 26, 2004 4:05 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Shells2907 Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Rob

In this day in age, there are laptops so that even the band members without computers could have access to one at some point during the tour.. also a lot of hotels have cyber cafes so they could access the forum there... I don't think they are facing an insurmountable barrier.... I mean there are always ways around things AND it would be an asset to us all.

Just a suggestiong but one worth thinking about... you can pick up a wee laptop with the latest software for around £499... now that wouldn't break the bank would it? Laughing

Shells
xxx
PostPosted:Thu Feb 26, 2004 10:37 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Gina Post subject:
Banjo

Banjo

Certainly the first thing the „boys" will have on their mind during a tour - to answer fan questions online... some of you still seem not to have recognized that the (especially the original) Hollies are not keen on dealing with fan stuff, there has always been the way to communicate via Rob...
PostPosted:Thu Feb 26, 2004 12:22 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
GordonJ Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

That's troo Gina, but then again they could kid on it was still the sixties (like they do on stage) and just let on it was a press conferance.
GordonJ
PostPosted:Thu Feb 26, 2004 17:08 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Write On
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic