graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Elevated Observation » What can we talk about?
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
GordonJ Post subject: What can we talk about?
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I should be safe here Rolling Eyes I was just about to reply to my last message in 'the view from the midden' to say to Shells that I had now seen the post she was refering to re closure of 'Rubbish bin'. At the time of my original post I had forgotten that I was in the 'midden' and not the 'rubbish bin' Confused The rubbish bin is now definately full and the lid firmly on. The point is Exclamation I went back to the midden to say that I realised my mistake but then remembered just in time that that too would be off topic Mad Honest to Pete Shocked I've seen less trouble at an old firm game........in the seventies Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
GordonJ
PostPosted:Wed Feb 25, 2004 18:05 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
kim Post subject:

Well as long as your were supporting Celtic!
At least they seem to be doing better than Liverpool.
Gerard Houllier should get out and join Accrington Stanley at least he will be some use there!
Less trouble at an Old Firm game in the seventies, im not old enough to remember that.
PostPosted:Wed Feb 25, 2004 20:26 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Shells2907 Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Kim

You must be the baby of the forum then! Sheesh I had twa weans by then! Very Happy

Gordy, you're clever starting this topic... well SURELY wee cannae be rid cairded here... Mind you, methinks stranger things hiz happened. Laughing

Mae Kim, ah'm nae macking spellin' mistakes jist bein' the Scot ah am! Och Aye the Noo Exclamation or Oy Veis Meer as they say in Yiddish! Shocked

Wot a guid idea macking this wee spoat just fir us "rubbish talkers".... Hey if we speek in Scoatish they willnae naw if wir swearing or no'! Laughing

Kim, you should write in Liverpudlian, Gordy and me in Glaswegian and we'll completely bamboozle everyone! Exclamation Idea

Jist tae pit ma tuppence wurth in about ra footie... CELTIC FOR EVER!

Shells
The Queen of Scottish Knits
xxx
PostPosted:Wed Feb 25, 2004 21:33 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Sharon Olson Post subject:
Banjo

Banjo

Hey Shells, Very Happy

Celtic forever? Hmmm. Even tho I'm American I can almost understand all of what you and Gordon say. Could it be ma Irish blood? Wink

Honestly, I think I qualify, My 99 year old great aunt is named Maggie Mae Moran McKinney Exclamation

I have a dumb question. My grandma and dad always used to tell me to wash my paddies (hands) I've suspected this was an Irish (Celtic) term. Any ideas?

Strange land America. My maiden name is German, Rod's is Swedish, and our girls are more Irish than anything.

A couple of weeks ago we buried Rod's Grandpa Fitzsimmons. I was determined not to cry. Until they played "Amazing Grace" on bagpipe. Lordy, Lordy, Lordy. Crying or Very sad

BTW, my 13 year old has showed me how to use emoticons. I'll see if they work? Cool

All important question? Do Scots celebrate St. Patricks Day?

Erin Go Braugh, did I say that right? Question
PostPosted:Thu Feb 26, 2004 4:46 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Shells2907 Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Hi Shari Cool

Glasgow Celtic FC is one of the Auld Firm.... most people are fans of one or t'other! I suppose there IS an Irish connection although politics and geography don't come into it as much nowadays... The other lot Rangers, well. I amn't gonna comment on that at all! Laughing

Your Great Aunt Maggie certainly has a Scottish connection... there are a lot of Americans with that special one in there blood aren't there?

Washing yer paddies sounds more Irish than Scottish but the celtic connection is there. Very Happy

America isn't so strange... my grandpa and grandma (maternal) came over here from Russia and my dad's parents came from Poland, then London so I think I can safely say I've got a lot of different bloods too! Laughing Add in Granny's sister, who went to America from Russia and you've got a real mixed breed!

Gosh yer Grandpa got a good send off.... they should have played the Hollies version of Amazing Grace though! Now that would have hit the spot with me! Crying or Very sad Laughing

Nope we celebrate St Andrews Day here but I am sure the Irish contingent in this melting pot of cultures celebrate St Paddy's day too. Unlike the USA, we don't have as many full holidays... I mean have you seen the amount of ecards that you can get... there's even a "Clean Oot The Fridge Day"! Now that is going overboard Laughing

Hey, maybe we should have a HOLLIESday!

Fancy starting that one off!

Have we gorn off topic here? Shocked Hope not... catchya later... Very Happy

Shells
The Queen of Scottish Knits
xxx
PostPosted:Thu Feb 26, 2004 10:14 am
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Elevated Observation