graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music » Hollies on BBC Breakfast, BBC1, Today
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
James Towill Post subject: Hollies on BBC Breakfast, BBC1, Today
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Just watched the interview with Tony, Ray and Peter which was conducted on the BBC 1 'Breakfast' programme at 8.40 this morning. According to Tony, the single is out there Shocked

One of the most interesting parts about the interview was that they played 'Carrie Ann' from the BBC In Concert in 1969 - I have never seen this clip before. What's more, it featured strings over the Sylvester lines! Laughing

I'm surprised there wasn't any news forthcoming that the band were appearing.

PostPosted:Fri Feb 10, 2006 16:30 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
holliesfan Post subject: Re: Hollies on BBC Breakfast, BBC1, Today
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

James Towill wrote:
Just watched the interview with Tony, Ray and Peter which was conducted on the BBC 1 'Breakfast' programme at 8.40 this morning. According to Tony, the single is out there Shocked

One of the most interesting parts about the interview was that they played 'Carrie Ann' from the BBC In Concert in 1969 - I have never seen this clip before. What's more, it featured strings over the Sylvester lines! Laughing

I'm wondering if Tony meant out on the internet or out in the shops?
PostPosted:Fri Feb 10, 2006 16:47 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
peterchecksfield Post subject: Re: Hollies on BBC Breakfast, BBC1, Today
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

holliesfan wrote:
James Towill wrote:

I'm wondering if Tony meant out on the internet or out in the shops?

Can a downloadable (only) track still be called 'a single'? I'm not sure.

PostPosted:Fri Feb 10, 2006 17:06 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
James Towill Post subject: Re: Hollies on BBC Breakfast, BBC1, Today
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

peterchecksfield wrote:

I don't know: most new singles are available in CD form and downloadable (there's a download chart, now) but why on earth would there be artwork but no physical single? Strange.

PostPosted:Fri Feb 10, 2006 17:12 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Shelley Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I missed this Crying or Very sad.

I would have loved to have seen it.
PostPosted:Fri Feb 10, 2006 18:17 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Gasoline Alley Bred Post subject:

To be able to download one track a whole week before you can download the rest of the album. Wow. It's not a single, its a download track, which I suspect will be downloaded by very few people. Maybe the Hollies should have gone to a record compant that had faith in the band.

After all, this is the very same record company that Peter knows well that refused to release the third most successful single of Cliff Richard's entire (lengthy) career, because it would not sell... Rolling Eyes

PostPosted:Fri Feb 10, 2006 18:33 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
holliesfan Post subject: Re: Hollies on BBC Breakfast, BBC1, Today
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

James Towill wrote:
peterchecksfield wrote:

I don't know: most new singles are available in CD form and downloadable (there's a download chart, now) but why on earth would there be artwork but no physical single? Strange.

Wow, what a major breakdown in communication. Do you think the Hollies expectation was that a [downloaded file ONLY] would be the extent of EMI marketing their new single? Didn't anybody in the band have the know-how or wherewithall to put up a red flag and say "we want a physical single and not just a downloadable one". Could it be that someone at EMI is in breach of contract for not following through on a CD single? Instead we're left with this web of confusion over a long awaited, and I might add, great sounding single which I feel could and should be chart bound.

So here I sit more confused and disillusioned with each passing day. Sad
PostPosted:Fri Feb 10, 2006 20:59 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
peterchecksfield Post subject: Re: Hollies on BBC Breakfast, BBC1, Today
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

holliesfan wrote:
James Towill wrote:
peterchecksfield wrote:

Wow, what a major breakdown in communication. Do you think the Hollies expectation was that a [downloaded file ONLY] would be the extent of EMI marketing their new single? Didn't anybody in the band have the know-how or wherewithall to put up a red flag and say "we want a physical single and not just a downloadable one". Could it be that someone at EMI is in breach of contract for not following through on a CD single? Instead we're left with this web of confusion over a long awaited, and I might add, great sounding single which I feel could and should be chart bound.

So here I sit more confused and disillusioned with each passing day. Sad

Some of these 'excuses' don't hold much water either (& I'm not blaming Rob). First of all there was some sort of problem with the digital file (the day before we learn it's cancelled), & then it's supposed to be because of not being on the radio 2 playlist. But if it's true that radio 2 apparantly only put released on CD music on their play list (see link below), then I find it impossible to believe that EMI wouldn't know this.

Peter

http://forum.hollies.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=484&start=30

PostPosted:Fri Feb 10, 2006 21:05 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1