graphic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Elevated Observation » My Top 10 Favourite 60's Bands/Singers
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
brandy Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

James Towill wrote:
Bugger it, can I include Cream too? Laughing

James, all the dairy industry knows that "The Cream rises to the top". Very Happy

And since Jack Bruce filled in on bass for The Hollies shortly before Cream got going, it's a logical choice.

Bruce

PostPosted:Wed Jan 18, 2006 16:18 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Ozzy Post subject:

brandy wrote:
James Towill wrote:
Bugger it, can I include Cream too? Laughing

James, all the dairy industry knows that "The Cream rises to the top". Very Happy

And since Jack Bruce filled in on bass for The Hollies shortly before Cream got going, it's a logical choice.

Bruce

Who could leave out Cream, eh ?
A genuine supergroup.
& Jack Bruce in The Hollies ? Wow ! Now that's a nice slice of trivia.
He has been regarded as the greatest rock/blues base player ever. He also had a great voice as demonstrated on many of Cream's songs Wink

AND how could I leave off the fantasic "Easybeats" ?
An aussie 60's group that made a massive impact.
Some their great songs were :-
Friday on my mind
Sorry
Wedding Ring
Pretty girl
She's so fine
Women

Now, looking at the faves on here, & all loving Hollies music, you all will just LOVE these songs.
Had that driving beat that is impossible to sit still to.

PostPosted:Wed Jan 18, 2006 21:18 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
SheLenka Post subject:
Banjo

Banjo

Easybeats, of course! I could fit them among my top 20 Smile I've got four albums. Great!
PostPosted:Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:02 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
brandy Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

"Who could leave out Cream, eh ?
A genuine supergroup.
He has been regarded as the greatest rock/blues base player ever. He also had a great voice as demonstrated on many of Cream's songs"

He wasn't technically a member of the band, but subbed on bass (between Eric and Bernie) for "After the Fox", from the movie of the same name. The song also featured Peter Sellers on spoken vocals and composer/arranger Burt Bacharach on piano...quite an esoteric group of musicians!

I believe John Paul Jones filled in on bass during the same period...I want to say "Don't Run and Hide", but am not sure.

The fact the Easybeats weren't bigger on the international stage after they left Australia has always left me "falling off the edge of the world" a bit. Totally incomprehensible that such a talented band could only garner one big international hit (Friday on My Mind). I think they were an even bigger influence on musicians. Meat Loaf, David Bowie, Lou Reed and members of Kiss were all fans.

PostPosted:Thu Jan 19, 2006 14:36 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
peterchecksfield Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

brandy wrote:
"Who could leave out Cream, eh ?
A genuine supergroup.
He has been regarded as the greatest rock/blues base player ever. He also had a great voice as demonstrated on many of Cream's songs"

He wasn't technically a member of the band, but subbed on bass (between Eric and Bernie) for "After the Fox", from the movie of the same name. The song also featured Peter Sellers on spoken vocals and composer/arranger Burt Bacharach on piano...quite an esoteric group of musicians!

I believe John Paul Jones filled in on bass during the same period...I want to say "Don't Run and Hide", but am not sure.

The fact the Easybeats weren't bigger on the international stage after they left Australia has always left me "falling off the edge of the world" a bit. Totally incomprehensible that such a talented band could only garner one big international hit (Friday on My Mind). I think they were an even bigger influence on musicians. Meat Loaf, David Bowie, Lou Reed and members of Kiss were all fans.

And let's not forget that Mitch Mitchell played drums. This was during the recording of 'Evolution' when Bobby was sick (& he didn't sound as tight as Bobby does).

PostPosted:Thu Jan 19, 2006 16:48 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
James Towill Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

[quote="peterchecksfield] And let's not forget that Mitch Mitchell played drums. This was during the recording of 'Evolution' when Bobby was sick (& he didn't sound as tight as Bobby does).[/quote]

Yeah, B.E. is missed on some of those Evolution tracks.

PostPosted:Thu Jan 19, 2006 17:06 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Elevated Observation
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Page 3 of 3