graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Out On The Road » Current tour
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Johngill Post subject: Current tour
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

It would be great to hear from anybody who's been to either Swindon or Dartford (so far) on how the show is, setlist etc.

Anybody going to the RAH?
PostPosted:Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:52 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
JIM FRASER Post subject: SET LIST AND RAH

SET LIST AND COMMENTS ON THE EXCISTING TOUR WOULD BE VERY HELPFUL, I AM GOING DOWN TO RAH CONCERT AND AM VERY EXCITED TO SEE THEM PERFORM AT THIS VENUE. ANYONE GOT ANY IDEA HOW TICKET SALES ARE GOING AS THIS IS VERY BIG VENUE.
PostPosted:Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:49 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
hollies Post subject:

Site Admin

Reviews and Set List will be added when I get home on Monday.

Great shows and the new songs going down a storm.

Anyone at a show who would like to do a review, please send it to me by email and I will include it on the site.

Get to a show if you can.

Hollies Forum
PostPosted:Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:52 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
rob mclean Post subject:

I was at the bradfod concert last night (7th) and the set list was pretty much as posted on the Norwich tour review page, apart from the addition of 'Blowing in the Wind' in the first half and the Buddy Holly song 'Peggy sue got married' after the interval.

Bloody good show with the new songs blending in very nicely.

Hope this helps.

from Rob
PostPosted:Sat Oct 08, 2005 22:38 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Martin Dodd Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

Hi Rob (Mclean)
Yea, I too was at the Bradford show and you are right it was a great show and a fantastic venue and also I have to say one of the best venues that I have ever seen The Hollies play at.

The in house PA System which is what I believe The Hollies were DI (Direct Input)from the mixing desk into the house system besides there own PA Gear was superb and produced an amazing sound. Despite the fact I was on the top shelf so to speak.

It was also quite interesting watching the audience reaction from a height like that. There was a great kinda party atmosphere towards the end.

Cheers Mate,
Martin
PostPosted:Mon Oct 17, 2005 15:15 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Suzanne Post subject:

The Southend show is about to start and I have it on good authority that Peter will have to behave himself because his "boss" has come to watch.

Yes folks, Sir Cliff Richard is in the audience! Let's hope he enjoys himself and who knows, maybe he'll even pop up on stage at some point.
PostPosted:Fri Oct 28, 2005 18:35 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
hollies Post subject:

Site Admin

Suzanne, I think you mean the Royal Albert Hall show and yes, indeed, Sir Cliff Richard was in the audience.

I spoke to him after the show and he said he had thoroughly enjoyed it and commented on how good Peter was.

Hollies Forum
PostPosted:Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:52 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Suzanne Post subject:

You're right Rob - I forgot which day of the week it was! Embarassed

Glad to see that "Sir" enjoyed himself.
PostPosted:Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:06 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Johngill Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

Great show at the RAH. Peter fits so well - there were times when he looked and sounded like Clarkey, but he is certainly his own man. I thought I knew what to expect on "here I go again" but it was something else again.. Hicks is a master as always. New songs sound great and there was a very good reaction to the announcement of the new album.
PostPosted:Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:13 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
rob mclean Post subject: bradford concert

To martin

Yes, sound was fantastic, st georges has superb acoustics. My only comment about the sound is that it was crystal clear but it could have been a bit louder for me. I was sat on the second row in the stalls between Tony and peter. It was great to see all Tonys different guitars up close and to watch him play. (Fantastic!!!!)

There was a great atmosphere down the front, and my only criticism of the evening was that it did not go on for long enough!!!!

From Rob Mclean.

P.s sorry for slow response to your post but I have been in Spain for the past two weeks.
PostPosted:Sat Oct 29, 2005 23:41 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Great to hear the RAH show went off so well, could Sir Cliff be the most famous person watching the Hollies in concert. I have seen a few big names at Hollies shows over the years in Australia. This concert would have been great to Film for a DVD, "Hollies live at the RAH" has a real ring to it.

PostPosted:Sat Oct 29, 2005 23:49 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Out On The Road
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1