graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Out On The Road » Blackpool Boy Makes Good! The Hollies - Last Night Liverpool
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Martin Dodd Post subject: Blackpool Boy Makes Good! The Hollies - Last Night Liverpool
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

Hi Folks
Just a very quick posting to say how superb The Hollies were last night Wednesday
05 0ctober 2005 at Liverpools Philharmonic Hall.

Although myself having a Preston Postcode, I live about 3 miles away from the border of Blackpool. So its great to see a Peter Howarth a local lad so to speak now fronting The Hollies as if he has always been there, was great!

To front a band like The Hollies and to take up the spotlight where the legendry lead singers they have had in the past Alan and Carl had once walked. Takes some doing, but Peters very natural aproach and stage presence,stands very firmly along side of that of Alan and Carl.

I do have a full review of the gig on its way,as promised to Rob last night at the gig, but I just wanted to give Pete a bit of a pat on the back so to speak as I think he has had a pretty tough job to do over the last year or so, to win over existing Hollies fans in the very unforseen circumstances with the suden passing of Carl Wayne.

All credit to him and to the continued sucess of The Hollies!

Martin Dodd (Somewhere Near Blackpool!)
PostPosted:Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:41 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Thanks Martin,
Looking forward to your full review, sounds like Peter has done a wonderful job,
Anthony

PostPosted:Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:30 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject: Hollies live in Liverpool
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi!
Very tempting to read your first impressions of the Liverpool show!
I just cannot wait to get to the Royal Albert Hall. How were the new songs?
PostPosted:Thu Oct 06, 2005 19:16 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Martin, you failed to mention Mikael Rickfors. He fronted the band as did Allan and Carl.
PostPosted:Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:23 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Martin Dodd Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

Hi Knut
The new songs were superb, sounded really fresh and were songs that would equally stand up against anything which is currently in the charts. So I think you are anyone else will be pleasantly surprised when you first hear them.

Both Peter and Steve seem to have brought there own kind of feel to the way The Hollies are now projected both on record and on stage. They come across very much as a now band and not your average band that just go out there and play the hits so just to make end meet.

The Hollies are still and I believe will be for many years to come a class act!

Martin Dodd
PostPosted:Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:58 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

When I saw The Hollies back in 1972 it certainly proved to me your assertion; The Hollies have always been a class act all the way.
PostPosted:Fri Oct 07, 2005 18:58 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Everytime I have seen the Hollies live they have been a class act. A great part of the show is the banter between the lads. I remember the last time they were here the Hollies used some aussie themes in the banter, I was impressed that they took the time to learn a little about us first.

PostPosted:Fri Oct 07, 2005 22:10 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Martin Dodd Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

Hi Dennis
Thanks mate I am aware of Mikael Rickfors but have never seen him front the band on video or even heard him,sing the classic hits. So from the live perspective and performance which was what I was saying about in the posting. I cant really talk about someone I dont really know about.

But I have seen Alan,Carl and now Peter all front The Hollies so thats is why I made refrence to them.

Martin
P.S I would be intrested to hear your memories of Mikael Rickfors fronting the band.
Maybe we could move this topic over to Boys In The Band section if you do reply to this.
PostPosted:Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:13 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Check the "Hollies On Tour in USA 1972" further down the page. Full review of the show I saw in 1972. [/code]
PostPosted:Sun Oct 09, 2005 3:03 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dennis Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Martin, it's true that the UK never experienced the 1972-3 Hollies lineup live, only the USA and Australia. During their hit years they tended to play where the big hits were happening. You should seek out some live material with the Rickfors lineup. It is floating around among collectors, in audio and video (as limited as it is) from their US appearances.
PostPosted:Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:38 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Out On The Road
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1