Goto page Previous  1, 2
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Boys In The Band » Alan Coates
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Andy Post subject:

Sorry, Anthony.

I took the picture off myself, because it was really too big and i felt that everyone elses was a more respectable size. I have the same picture on the Forum to the Nottingham Panthers Ice Hockey Club (www.thecageforum.co.uk) and I used the same link yet the picture was massive. I shall look into this and Angus shall return.
PostPosted:Mon Oct 25, 2004 13:46 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Susie Hewett Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

I am probably going to be sorry for asking this question BUT what does Angus Young from AC/DC have to do with our dear Alan Coates who is the real subject of this forum Question Confused Confused

All The Best

Susie

Cool Rolling Eyes
PostPosted:Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:04 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
phoobingcamel Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

Anthony wrote:
Alan has been a great asset to the band over the past 20 or so years. Would love to know more about what he did before joining the Hollies.

If anyone has the album It's Better Than Working by Mud then take a look at the writing credits for Blagging Boogie Blues and you'll see that it was written by A. Ball and A. Coates. This is the only thing I've seen relating to Alan (and I am presuming that this is our Alan credited on that song) prior to his joining The Hollies. As Anthony said, it would be interesting to find out more about what else he did.

PostPosted:Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:08 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
DistantLight Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I've got the album Mud Rock and a Best Of which are both interesting pieces of Rock'n'Roll.
PostPosted:Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:35 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
brandy Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

Susie,

Nothing.

Perhaps before you got to view this thread, Andy had placed a rather large photo/avatar of AC/DC's axeman next to his original post about Alan. But he removed if after a day or so, upon realizing its size violated most stategic arms limitation treaties.

That was the origin of the bad puns that followed, courtesy of the "February 16 twins"...

PostPosted:Thu Oct 28, 2004 13:40 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Bruce Exclamation

I saw that huge photo of Angus Young next to Andy's name. Nothing against Angus but correct my if I'm wrong, this is a Hollies forum so therefore aren't we suppose to choose photos of The Hollies to put next to our names and stay on topic Question

And to stay on topic, I was reading in The Hollies Yahoogroup that Alan Coates didn't attend the concert in Vienna last Saturday and there is a rumor going around that he has left the Band. I really hope that it isn't true because Alan is a marvellous asset to The Hollies and it wouldn't be the same without him.

All The Best

Susie
PostPosted:Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:10 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
hollies Post subject: Re Avatars-Pics

Site Admin

Hi Susie

Off topic but to answer your question

You don't have to have Hollies pics for your avatars - it can be anything you like. Andy removed his pic because it was far too big and would slow some peoples loading times. He will no doubt replace it with something else soon. He is daft on AD/DC (the band) at the moment.

Hollies Forum
PostPosted:Fri Oct 29, 2004 9:28 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Rob Exclamation

Thankyou for the info. Like Andy, I also like AC/DC but as this is a Hollies forum I thought that your picture had to be of one of the band members (preferably your favourite). Smile

I also apologise if I offended Andy or anyone else, that wasn't my intension. Embarassed

Best Wishes

Susie
PostPosted:Fri Oct 29, 2004 10:31 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
hollies Post subject:

Site Admin

Not at all. No offence taken by anyone.

Hollies Forum
PostPosted:Fri Oct 29, 2004 16:00 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
GordonJ Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

You don't have to have Hollies pics for your avatars - it can be anything you like.
Do you really mean that Exclamation Razz Ah'm in one of my funny moods Laughing However so this message isn't removed for being off topic, can I also ask is there any truth in this roumour about Alan Coats Question It's been tormenting me all week Exclamation Evil or Very Mad
GordonJ
PostPosted:Fri Oct 29, 2004 16:54 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Thanks Rob Exclamation

By the way, like Gordon, I would also like to know if there is any truth in The Alan Coates rumor or is it just a story that some idiot started to worry and upset everyone Question Its' been tormenting me too Sad

I read on The Hollies Yahoogroup that Alan missed last Saturday's concert in Vienna and that's how the story of him leaving the band started. Shocked

Best Wishes

Susie

Confused Rolling Eyes Shocked
PostPosted:Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:34 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Shells2907 Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I just can't believe Alan is going... The Hollies are losing one of the best assets they've had in years.... the man has an amazing voice... another reason for me to treasure the photos taken outside the Pavilion in Glasgow earlier this year... Alan ALWAYS had a nice word to say to me, one of life's treasures... I'm going to miss him soo much.... How can they replace him too? Crying or Very sad

Shells
The Queen of Scottish Knits
xxx
PostPosted:Wed Nov 10, 2004 21:56 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Cindy1986 Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

I am shocked and upset about Alan leaving the band, when Mum told me I just cried Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Alan was my favouirite band member and I was excited about seeing him with the band on the 21st and now that isn't going to happen. Sad I am still shocked over my second favourite band member Carl's death and hearing about Alan leaving doesn't make me feel any better. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Anyway, I do honor Alan's reason for leaving and wish the new guy Steve every success as the new Rythm Guitarist for the band. Smile

Bye For Now

Cindy
PostPosted:Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:50 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Martin Dodd Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

Hi All
Anyone heard anything of him since he left The Hollies. I read in the tour program that his TV Advertisment company is doing very well. But has he made any music does anyone know?

I mean it would be hard just to give it up,when its in your blood so to speak.

Martin
PostPosted:Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:33 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Boys In The Band
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Page 2 of 2