The Hollies Forum Index » Write On » Interesting new look to the website
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
SpartyScott Post subject: Interesting new look to the website
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

May I offer a suggestion or three?

The "photos" section is nice and all, but the shots are all very current. Why aren't there shots of the band as we all remember it in the 1960's through 1980's? For example, almost all those cool photos from the CD box set are very good and provide a great look at the band. Why not have a photo section of each personnel lineup, starting way back with Don Rathbone. Since this site is official, then surely there are thousands of photos from which the webmaster could choose. Some previously unpublished pics of, for example, the Carrie Anne recording session would be exciting to see. I'm not alone here in preferring to see the band as it was back when Clarke was singing with Nash or Sylvester and Haydock or Calvert were on bass, am I?

For that matter, the site could sell autographed pics of current band members and maybe even past members like Bernie, I would think -- everyone wants to make a buck, errrr, pound sterling, don't they?

Finally, I would like to suggest that this site include a link to an Internet retailer where the entire in-print Hollies catalog can be purchased. Sure, many of us don't need it, since we already have everything that the Hollies have released on CD (and, a lot of stuff that they HAVEN'T released, too Wink ), but in reading this message board it's clear that not EVERYONE here owns, for example, a copy of Romany or Evolution.

I welcome a reply from the board's moderator as the practicality of these suggestions.

Cheers,

Scott J.
Gahanna, Ohio USA
PostPosted:Sat Mar 12, 2005 16:59 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Write On
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic