graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music » 1983 live album
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject: 1983 live album
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

While in London this week I (as I always do) went into HMV on Oxford Street. The routine includes a look at the Hollies CDs on display. They still sell the CD box, by the way. There I picked up an import of the new Fuel 2000 re-release of the Kings Island, Cincinnati, Ohio concert, that came out recently. The nice things about this rerelease, are as follows: 1. The cover and the liner notes are quite good. 2. The music has been digitally remastered (anyone with better hearing than me who would like to comment?) 3. The tracks featured are now back to the Hello Graham Nash number of 17, as both Casualty and Someone else's eyes are featured. But why do we still miss If the lights go out, which was on the radio show version, if I remember well, I really don't know.
PostPosted:Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:15 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
James Towill Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

The liner notes are the same as the 1997 issue 'Archive Alive' which missed out Casualty and Someone Elses Eyes, plus the majority of between song banter. The sound is on an equal footing with Archive Alive - it would have been great to hear If The Lights Go Out: in my opinion one of the best songs on What Goes Around
PostPosted:Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:24 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
phoobingcamel Post subject: Re: 1983 live album
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

Knut wrote:
why do we still miss If the lights go out, which was on the radio show version, if I remember well, I really don't know.

Nope, the radio show comprised of the same songs, so also omitting If The Lights Go Out, sadly Sad

PostPosted:Tue Jan 18, 2005 1:37 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject: If the lights go out
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

You may be right, I never had the cash necessary to buy the original vinyl radio station album. However, I once got a tape of the show, with If the light go out, I believe. But that might have been an audience recording. Shall I check this ?
PostPosted:Tue Jan 18, 2005 13:54 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
phoobingcamel Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

If you managed to get a version with If The Lights Go Out on it then that would be like gold dust!

If you suspect ithat the tape you got was an audience recording then it probably was because the radio station version was interspliced with adverts which, of course, an audience recording wouldn't have

PostPosted:Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:13 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
SpartyScott Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

I too have heard that audio tape -- the recording that includes "If The Lights Go Out" is indeed an audience tape. Hey, since I was in the third row that night in Cincinnati, perhaps you've even heard my applause!

Agreed, the original radio show from "The Source" of that show also, alas, deleted "If The Lights Go Out."
PostPosted:Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:42 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject: Audience tape indeed
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Dear SpartyScott
You are right! It was an audiebce recording, judging from the applause. Nice quality, anyway.
PostPosted:Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:44 am
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1