graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Elevated Observation » I've been brain washed!
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Sarah Ellie Post subject: I've been brain washed!

Hey everyone, some of you may already know me but im the daughter of a mad obsessed Allan Clarke fan Laughing her names Jean by the way and im Sarah.

I always thought Ian Parker was the cutie hehe!

I was born into the world of Hollies mania, i grew up with a mum that spoke about them non stop, always played their music and even took me to their concerts!! (and got mad at me cos i made her miss a concert when i was born)

AND oh my gosh i nearly was named 'Carrie-Ann' or 'Hollie'

But as you do i grew to like the hollies, hopefully i get to go to the next concert mum books.

Loadsa Love Sarah xxxxx

She's Allan Clarkes BIGGEST fan!

Loadsa Love Sarah

xxxxxxx
PostPosted:Tue Nov 16, 2004 19:39 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message MSN Messenger Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Sarah,
Your Mum had good taste. Look at it this way, she may have loved Iggy Pop so really you have done well.
Pleased to see you have enjoyed the Hollies enough to want to go to another show, I'm sure you'll have a great time.
Ian seems to have a real little fan club going.
Best wishes,
Anthony

PostPosted:Tue Nov 16, 2004 20:56 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Susie Hewett Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Sarah Exclamation

Welcome to the forum. I agree with Anthony when he said that your Mum has great taste in music. Very Happy

Ian is cute isn't he Exclamation but Ray is even cuter. Laughing

You say that you live in Croydon, did you go to the Hollies concert at the Fairfield Hall last Saturday Night Question I went with my Husband and Daughter and we had the time of our lives. Razz

Best Wishes

Susie

Cool Smile
PostPosted:Thu Nov 18, 2004 9:30 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Sarah Ellie Post subject:

no i didnt my mum had one other ticket and my dad went with her.

She's Allan Clarkes BIGGEST fan!

Loadsa Love Sarah

xxxxxxx
PostPosted:Sat Nov 20, 2004 20:46 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message MSN Messenger Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Shells2907 Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Hi Sarah

NIce to meet you! Very Happy

I have been a Hollies fan since they started out! I have two daughters who think I am the most old fashioned mum out but the oldest knows the words to all the Hollies songs....

She won't admit it but when we are in the car listening to my CD's she ALWAYS insists on the Hollies..... who says she doesn't like the Hollies?

Mind you, I've yet to get her along to a concert... she says she doesn't like watching wrinkly rockers Question Question Question What a load of bosh.... The Hollies are and always will be my fave group and I haven't noticed the wrinkles..... well... I've none so how can they! Laughing Laughing Laughing

I hope you enjoy many more years of the WONDERFUL Hollies!

Shells
The Queen of Scottish Knits
xxx
PostPosted:Sun Nov 21, 2004 8:35 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Suzanne Post subject:

I like to think of myself as young (I'm 2Cool and I like The Hollies. In fact, I insisted on having them on the car stereo all the way to and from North Yorkshire this weekend:)

I've explained already that I'm new to The Hollies and only got to see them for the first time in High Wycombe. But I was amazed by how aware of their music I was without realising it was them.

But I've always had an old-fashioned taste in music - nobody can understand it. I was weaned on The Shadows by my dad, I adore Sir Cliff (and that's how I got to encounter Peter and Steve Lauri); yet I still manage to have Aerosmith and Dolly Parton sitting side-by-side in the record collection! Embarassed I cannot see anything from today being memorable or having the catchy lines and lyrics of the past. Today seems to consist of car alarms set to 120bpm - not nice on the ears.

Give me the Hollies harmonies and the bands/singers of yesteryear - they still sound far better than most of what today can offer.
PostPosted:Tue Nov 23, 2004 20:28 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Cindy1986 Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

Hi Sarah Exclamation

Welcome to the forum. Like you I am the daughter of a mad obsessed Hollies fan. My Mum is Susie who writes to this forum. Anyway, I was brought up with Hollies music (and other 60's/70's music) and when I was little I couldn't stand the Hollies. I started to like them 2 years ago when I was 16 years old and having seen them 3 times and witnessed what sort of a show they put on I am hooked for life. Very Happy

The only regret I have is that I didn't buy the latest tourbook with the current line-up so I have to borrow Mum's book to read instead, but she Doesn't mind. Razz

Bye For Now

Cindy
PostPosted:Sat Nov 27, 2004 8:33 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Cindy,
You know what they say "You should always listen to your Mum" and I bet your glad you did.
Bye,
Anthony

PostPosted:Thu Dec 02, 2004 14:39 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Cindy1986 Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

Hi Anthony Exclamation

Yes, this time I am glad I listened to Mum and went to 3 great shows that I will always remember forever. Smile

Bye For Now

Cindy

Very Happy Razz
PostPosted:Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:13 am
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Elevated Observation
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1