graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Out On The Road » The Hollies At Croydon, Saturday 13 November 2004
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Cindy1986 Post subject: The Hollies At Croydon, Saturday 13 November 2004
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

Hi Everyone Exclamation

As you all know from another post, My Parents and I went to London for the weekend and we had a marvellous seeing all of the sites. Very Happy

Anyway, I went to my first Hollies concert at Fairfield Hall in Croydon and it was simply spectacular. The Band were sensational and I loved every second of it and didn't want it to end. I loved Carl but Peter Howarth did a fantastic job and anyone would have thought he'd been with the band for years instead of a month or two, and the same goes for Steve Lauri. The both of them in my opinion are perfect replacements for Carl and Alan. The concert was a surprise for Mum who had no idea that we were going to London especially for the concert. It is Mum's Birthday on 3 December and the concert was an early Birthday present and she is a very happy lady and still on cloud nine. Razz

When Dad asked us if we wanted to go to London I pretended not to know anything about it. Without Mum's knowledge, Dad and I planned it about 2 months ago and when Mum wasn't around I ordered our tickets on line. Even my older sister Vicky and her boyfriend knew about it. Smile

Roll on next Sunday when we see the band again. Very Happy

Bye For Now

Cindy
PostPosted:Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:27 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
hollies Post subject:

Site Admin

That's naughty Smile You didn't come and say hello to me, I was there.Sad

Glad you enjoyed the show so much.

Hollies Forum
PostPosted:Wed Nov 17, 2004 14:34 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
KathyGoGo Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

Hi Cindy

That was a nice birthday surprise for your mother. But it looks like you're in trouble with Rob.

PostPosted:Wed Nov 17, 2004 19:59 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Cindy,
I'm so pleased you enjoyed the show. Wish your Mum a very happy birthday for me too.
What a great Birthday gift from your Dad, beats jocks and socks by a mile. One more show, I can see you staying in the UK.
Bye,
Anthony

PostPosted:Wed Nov 17, 2004 22:02 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Susie Hewett Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

G'day Rob and Everyone Exclamation

As Cindy said we went to see The Hollies in Croydon last Saturday Night and it is the best Birthday gift I could ever wish for, I never checked the tour dates so I had no idea the band were in London. Now I will have to think of something nice for Brian when he has his Birthday next April. Very Happy

All the sites of London we visited were great but nothing topped the concert. All six guys were absolutely sensational, they are true entertainers. Peter has his own unique style and he never tried to be like Carl or Allan. I think that Peter and Steve Lauri fit in the band really well and hope that they get asked to join full time. The tribute to Carl was touching and it brought a bit of a tear to my eyes. Ray did a brilliant job of singing Flowers In The Rain, even Carl himself would have been proud. Very Happy

We are very sorry that we missed you Rob, Embarassed we'll try again on Sunday. Cool

Best Wishes

Susie

Smile Very Happy Razz
PostPosted:Thu Nov 18, 2004 9:09 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Out On The Road
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1