graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Boys In The Band » Original members
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
JIM FRASER Post subject: Original members

Cant help thinking how good it would be to have the originals reform for a one off tour, maybe Bernie instead of Eric. I dare say it would be impossible to get everyone together or would it. Can anyone imagine the excitement at the start of a concert. The Hollies must be one of the few groups from their era that all members are still alive. Just to hear Clarkie again would be fantastic. Dont get me wrong all members of the Hollies have given me a lot of satisfaction over the years, but I suppose I can always dream of this reunion.
PostPosted:Sat Nov 06, 2004 15:13 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
DistantLight Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I must admit that I'd prefer Terry over Graham.
So a 70's line up reunion would be great! And as a special guest Mikael Rickfors!
PostPosted:Sat Nov 06, 2004 17:22 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
holliesfan Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

WOW! A one time one-up concert of the 70's Hollies lineup(Clarke, Hicks, Sylvester, Calvert, and Elliott). It would be a miracle...a real dream come true. A highly visible international charity event might be a good setting. Or better yet, perhaps a performance for the Queen herself! We need to ask Rob if the boys have ever considered such a reunion especially in light of the fact that they're ALL still alive and well. It's now or never!
PostPosted:Sat Nov 06, 2004 18:15 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Susanne Post subject:

That would be a great performance. But not only for the British queen please, but a worldtour.
I've seen the 70s line up in concert and it was much better than the first Hollies of the 60s.
Who's gonna ask them? Laughing
PostPosted:Sat Nov 06, 2004 19:55 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Great idea, yes lets get the 70's Hollies together again, I have heard that there is a rift between Terry and Tony so it may not happen. Terry still looks great and from the photos still has a full head of hair. If Alan Coates has really left then you would think that Terry could just walk back into his old place in the band. From looking at his web site he still seems to hold fond memories of his days with the Hollies.
Why not bring back Eric, life is far too short. Forget all this bitter stuff guys, put back Eric's face in the old Hollies photos.
That's my say,
Bye,
Anthony

PostPosted:Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:06 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Susie Hewett Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Well said Anthony Exclamation They should put Eric's face back in the old photos, I have a few photos of the original Hollies in magazines and books and Eric is missing from most of them. Poor Eric seems to be the forgotten one and like it or not he was once a Hollie even though it was for just 4 years and he was/is just as talented as ever other guy who was/is in the band. I saw Eric and his band 4 years ago and they were really good. Cool

I too would love a reunion of all 5 70's band members, 6 if you count Mikael Rickfors but I can't see it happening unless Terry and Tony can settle their differences. I first became a fan just before Graham left and Terry Joined so I think that is why I am so fond of the 70's line-up of Allan, Tony, Bobby, Bernie and Terry ( and Mikael of course). Most of my favourite Hollies songs and albums come from the 70's as well. Smile

All The Best

Susie

Razz Cool
PostPosted:Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:56 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Cindy1986 Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

Hi Susanne Exclamation

As you said a world tour of the 70's line-up would be great but like some of the others I can't see that ever happening either. It has in the book that came with the 6CD set that Terry had an argument with some of the others and now Bernie Calvert is the only one he still talks to.

Bye For Now

Cindy
PostPosted:Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:33 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
SpartyScott Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Of course, the problems are, at a minimum:

1. Allan can no longer hit the notes and so could not handle lead vocals.

2. Terry has a life in Canada and is likely unavailable for any extended work in England. He did, though, say in an interview that he cherishes his days in the Hollies and would love to be asked to work with them again.

3. Bernie is apparantly retired and probably would be unable or uninterested in performing.
PostPosted:Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:09 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

With Allan I'm sure they can pick songs to match his voice.
Terry seems to remember fondly his days as a Hollie and is good friends with Bernie, I'm sure if one did rejoin the Hollies for a tour the other may not be far behind.
Now with Allan Clarke gone I don't think Graham would ever make a return.
From what I hear Eric is happy with Class of 64 so he's busy.
I'm sure this line up is doing a fine job, that was then and this is now.
Look I know it will not happen, but it's nice to dream.

PostPosted:Fri Nov 12, 2004 11:02 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
JIM FRASER Post subject: Original members

I wonder if Allan's voice has come back after the five year retirement, I bet he is wishing he could get up on stage with the boys, after all I remember reading a programme not long before he retired, him saying he loved performing on stage and wanted to carry on as long as possible. Can here his banter with the rest of the boys now. Would of thought the management should of released statement about Alan Coates leaving or have I missed it. Does anyone have any information on his new venture?
PostPosted:Fri Nov 12, 2004 14:47 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Jim,
I don't think the management has given any statement on Alan's departure, if that's true then I think they have letdown one of their lads, very poor form.
Now if they have I haven't seen it. Maybe they were worried that if the news got out then ticket sales for the shows would drop.
These are only my thoughts,
Bye,
Anthony

PostPosted:Fri Nov 12, 2004 20:34 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
James Towill Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Yes, it seems somewhat odd that there has been no official announcement - afterall, Alan was with the band for longer than the two previous rhythm guitarists were put together!
PostPosted:Sat Nov 13, 2004 7:36 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Boys In The Band
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1