graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Elevated Observation » Badfinger
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
DistantLight Post subject: Badfinger
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I've just bought some new Badfinger albums and a Pete Ham solo record and then listened to my old ones again. They are really a great band worth discovering for every Hollies fan. No Dice is a fantastic album as is Wish You Were Here. The selftitlet one and Head First are also good ones.
And I was really surprised how good 7 Park Avenue by Pete Ham is! I've bought that one some days ago and just thought it would be interesting to hear what else he wrote that didn't get on any Badfinger album. But why didn't Badfinger record some of the tracks on this album. They sound like hits, for example Live Love All Of You Days, Catherine Cares, Hand In Hand and Look Inside The Cover to name just a few. And I really love Ringside although it's sad listening to it because it was recorded only a short time before Pete hanged himself.
Another album that surprised me was Airwaves, with only Tom Evans and Joey Molland. The best songwriter was always Pete Ham and I like his songs a lot more than all the other ones so I thought that Airwaves could perhaps be a nice album but not a really good one. But it has a lot of great tunes on it like Airwaves, Look Out California, Love Is Gonna Come At Last or Come Down Hard. Only Sympathy doesn't belong to my favourites.
PostPosted:Fri Oct 29, 2004 10:07 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
SpartyScott Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Badfinger recorded some superior music, and all of the albums recorded when were truly an ongoing concern are worthwhile:

The Ivey's-Maybe Tomorrow
Magic Christian Music
No Dice
Straight Up
Ass
Badfinger
Wish You Were Here
Head First

They're all first rate.

The two Tommy-Joey LP's are pretty uneven, but they have interesting material, too.

Joey's album "The Pilgrim" is probably as good as either of the Badfinger records made without Pete.
PostPosted:Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:18 am
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Elevated Observation
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1