Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Listen To Me » New Website
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
hollies Post subject: New Website

Site Admin

The website is going through a complete overhaul at the moment, I have been working on it over the last few months when time allows, so now is your chance to tell me what you would like to see included.

Already included will be a family tree and profiles of members past and present, recording sessions and a far more extensive gallery of images.

Any ideas Idea

I realise that there are not too many members of the forum at the moment so I will run this for some time. It will also give me more time to work on the site. Very Happy
PostPosted:Tue Jan 20, 2004 17:23 pm

Last edited by hollies on Thu Jan 05, 2006 17:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Rob,
Maybe a little more on the history of the band, photos of the band from the 60's and 70's would be great. What about a fan swap section, I could ask if any fans would like to swap any Hollies items for theirs, old programmes etc.
Thanks Rob, this sites looking good,
Anthony

PostPosted:Tue Jan 20, 2004 20:39 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Susie Hewett Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Rob

Smile This site is looking better all the time and I really enjoy reading what people have to say in the forum. I am looking for to the overhaul you mentioned and I can't wait to see the family tree and band member profiles.

At the moment the only thing I can think off that I would like added are more photos of all band members from the 60's to the present lineup. If I think of anything else I will let you know. Wink

Bye for now, Susie
PostPosted:Wed Jan 21, 2004 9:46 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Rob Exclamation

I thought of something else that would nice to add to the new look site.
I would like to see (if Possible) a bit more about Ray and his old group Mud and I'm sure that other old Mud fans would appreciate it as well. And I would also like to know what Alan and Ian did before joining The Hollies.

Rolling Eyes Cool

All the best, Susie

Razz Embarassed
PostPosted:Thu Jan 22, 2004 9:28 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
hollies Post subject: Profiles

Site Admin

Thanks Susie Cool

That will come in the Profiles section of the new site.

Regards, Rob
PostPosted:Thu Jan 22, 2004 16:42 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Rob Exclamation

Thanks for replying to my request. I'm looking forward to see the new look site.

Kind Regards

Susie

Cool Smile
PostPosted:Fri Jan 23, 2004 1:48 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
GordonJ Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Perhaps a section containing photos and articles from old programmes and brouchures would be interesting. Idea
GordonJ
PostPosted:Tue Jan 27, 2004 13:17 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Shells2907 Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Hi Anthony

Your request for a "swap" section is excellent. I for one would find it useful cos I have some vinyl's from the early Hollies' years. I've not got a record deck and over the last few years have built up a collection of All the songs the Hollies have ever recorded! They are just stored in the attic and it's a pity not to be able to play them...

The Hollies site is looking good and it's gonna take me a while to get through all that's there.

Rob, you done good so keep up the good work.... I'd like to see more information on Allan Clarke, Tony, Bobby and Graham Nash....my fave Hollies, past and present! Very Happy Cool

Shells
The Queen of Scottish Knits
xxx
PostPosted:Tue Jan 27, 2004 14:31 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
David Eaves Post subject:

Hi Rob,

One thing I would like to see as a refinement of what you already do is separating the concert reviews from the tour dates. Those pages get a bit mamoth especially if your on a modem (that is gives you grief as its a long way to the exchange) I spend half the year with an extremely fast connection and then go back to a slower one and it really makes me appreciate bandwidth.

What would be really cool is if you had a page which you could search for concert reviews, and get it to display the most recent/all from a venue etc. It would be quite easy to do this dynamically with a bit of php and mySQL. I'd be happy to help you set this up if you like, just e-mail me if your interested.

Thanks for maintaining this site
David
PostPosted:Tue Jan 27, 2004 22:35 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Rob
I agree with David. The concert info section is most important, and it would be great to read reviews seperately. I'm coming over for Liverpool soon, and Manchester in November. Hope to see you! Thanks for a wonderful job with the website!
Knut
PostPosted:Thu Feb 05, 2004 17:30 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
hollies Post subject: New Website

Site Admin

The new website is on track for release in mid January. Keep looking. Smile

Hollies Forum
PostPosted:Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:29 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
MichealC Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Sounds great Rob.

I would love to see historical articles-- interviews and things like that because The Hollies are not an easy band to find out about. CatStevens.com has got tons of old interviews and articles which are just a great resource.

I'll certainly contribute my two sound files of Mikael singing He Ain't Heavy and Terry doing LCW if you don't have them and want a download section.

It would also be great to see any contributions from the the real life Hollies. We know you know them!

Anyway, whatever you do it is great to have this website.

Micheal
PostPosted:Sat Dec 04, 2004 17:06 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
holliesfan Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hey Rob, can't wait for the new website. Any chance you can have a section dedicated solely to answers the Hollies themselves provide to questions posed by fans? If the lads have no access to computers perhaps you can transcribe their answers. Keep up the great work! Very Happy
PostPosted:Sun Dec 05, 2004 14:00 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
KathyGoGo Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

Great idea Holliesfan!

PostPosted:Sun Dec 05, 2004 20:47 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Holliesfan Exclamation

That is a grest suggestion you made there, a question/answers section would be wonderful. Very Happy Please give it some thought Rob. Thankyou in advance. Smile

All The Best

Susie

PostPosted:Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:40 am
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Listen To Me
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Page 1 of 4