graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Write On » Terry Sylvester?
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
grey owl Post subject: Terry Sylvester?

Hi all,
I'm not too great with computers so if this gets messed up please forgive me. I am going to see a show in a few weeks and it is being billed as Terry Sylvester's Hollies. Does anyone know what I can expect in the way of not only music but also band members? In truth, I have not followed the band for many years but as I grew up in 'Hollie country' and now live in Canada I thought I'd be seeing the 'core' band members, but now I'm not so sure.
thanks.
Alan(grey owl - it's a hair and age thing Smile
PostPosted:Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:30 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Terry Steer Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

The band will be one formed and led by Terry Sylvester. You can read more at www.terrysylvester.com

Terry
PostPosted:Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:24 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hope you enjoy the show Grey Owl, take Terry Steer's advice and go to Terry Sylvesters site, it's not a bad one.

PostPosted:Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:08 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Martin Dodd Post subject: Terry Sylvester?
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

In Reply Martin Wrote:
I would imagine its the promoters calling it Terry Sylvester's Hollies in most instances the promoters tend to do the descriptions. I have only seen adverts on the web saying ex Hollie.

I did read somewhere that he took the lead vocal originaly on He Aint Heavy when they originaly recorded it, I dont know if thats true as I have never seen it wrote anywhere else apart from in the article I read a while back.

Anyhow report back to us once you have been to the show and let us know.

Martin

Alan Wrote:
Hi all,
I'm not too great with computers so if this gets messed up please forgive me. I am going to see a show in a few weeks and it is being billed as Terry Sylvester's Hollies. Does anyone know what I can expect in the way of not only music but also band members? In truth, I have not followed the band for many years but as I grew up in 'Hollie country' and now live in Canada I thought I'd be seeing the 'core' band members, but now I'm not so sure.
thanks.
Alan(grey owl - it's a hair and age thing
PostPosted:Wed Nov 03, 2004 13:15 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
grey owl Post subject:

Thanks guys. I guess I just didn't want to go into the show with the wrong expectations, which, in fact, caused me to search for this site. Odd how the years pass and you just expect things to be as you remember them. I last saw the band here in Canada around 1978 and some were kind enough to autograph an album cover for me. including Terry. I recall that it was a superb performance, and I'll let you know how this next one goes - Peter Noone is a part of the deal too. I'm sure I'll not be dissapointed
Thanks again,
Alan
PostPosted:Wed Nov 03, 2004 23:48 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
SpartyScott Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Terry's a good guy and was a solid member of the band for twelve years-plus.

Go and see him perform. He's a very approachable guy and friendly. Have a great time.

By the way, I'd be surprised if Terry had anything to do with the way he's being promoted. I can't imagine that calling the band "Terry's Hollies" was his idea!
PostPosted:Thu Nov 04, 2004 0:59 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
MichealC Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I think you're right about it not being Terry's idea, he doesn't seem too pleased with the current Hollies calling themselves The Hollies even.

I recently managed to download Terry singing Indian Girl, Sorry Suzanne and My Island live with only his guitar for backup in 1994. Sounds pretty damn good though he may have problems with the very high parts now.

Micheal
PostPosted:Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:54 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
grey owl Post subject:

After visiting Terry's page and seeing where he now lives I'm quite sure he is aware of how the show is being billed - since it is only a forty five minute drive for him. Personally, I'm happy that the Hollies name was used - otherwise I'm sure I'd be missing out on something very good. Heck - there are so many 'tribute' shows nowadays - I'd even be happy to go to one of those if they played Hollies music!
Alan
PostPosted:Fri Nov 05, 2004 0:43 am
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Write On
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic