The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music » The Long Road Home Boxed set
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Susie Hewett Post subject: The Long Road Home Boxed set
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

G'day Everyone Exclamation

I am currently a very happy girl Very Happy because today I went to Sydney to store called Redeye and asked the guy if he had The Long Road Home 6CD pack and to my shock Shocked he did and yes I bought it and it is absolutely superb and I will treasure it. At the moment I am listening to disk 1 and I hope to listen to the other 5 disks over the weekend. Smile

I love the book and the way it is set out beginning the Hollies story before they became The Hollies and going through to The Hollies of today. All the photos are great too and so are the photos on the inside sleeve of the box under the disks. There's a photo of Tony with Jane and with his son Paul as a baby, Bobby with Maureen, Allan and Jennie on their wedding day and photos of different band lineups. At the beginning of the book there's a photo of Tony in a band with 6 other guys and he would have been no older than about 12. Smile As well as the boxed set I bought Moving Finger from 1970 (I think) which is also superb and another treasure.

All The Best

Susie

Very Happy Razz
PostPosted:Fri Jul 16, 2004 11:08 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
MichealC Post subject: Long Road Home
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

It is very nicely put together. The sessionography must be the most useful thing ever! and the Hollies family tree too.

It is a bit disappointing that the quotes from the band all seem to be from the '88 Record Collector interviews. It is a pity they didn't get new material or talk to Rickfors as there isn't much on the Hollies out there.

Micheal
PostPosted:Fri Jul 16, 2004 13:42 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Susie Hewett Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Michael Exclamation

That's right the boxed set is nice put together and that family tree must have taken ages to put together. The book even has Allan, Graham, Bernie and Terry talking about their time in The Hollies and what great times they had with the band Smile Now I know the real story why Terry and Bernie left. Sad I love the whole set, CD's and book Razz and I am now up to Disk 3. Smile

All The Best

Susie

Very Happy Razz
PostPosted:Sat Jul 17, 2004 1:36 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Cindy1986 Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

I think that The Boxed Set is a fantastic collection of Hollies hits and album tracks and and I just love it. All of the disks are great but my favourite is disk 6 with the live concert on it. Smile I also love the book as well Very Happy

Bye For Now

Cindy

Smile Rolling Eyes
PostPosted:Sat Jul 24, 2004 9:13 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
DistantLight Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I think, as I've mentioned somewhere else, that there are much too few Mikael Rickfors sung songs on it! And I would have loved to hear more rarities.
And with regard to the live songs - I would have much prefered more '60s live recordings because the Live Hits album from '76 is already avaiable on CD/LP.
PostPosted:Sat Jul 24, 2004 11:49 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
SpartyScott Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

As I posted long ago in the Hollies' Yahoo club, there aren't NEARLY enough rarities in the collection.

And while some of the live stuff was OK, I was extremely disappointed that they put Hollies Live Hits on the disc in its entirety. Heck, isn't that concert still in print? I know I've got it on CD already.

As I understand it, a 1971 show was professionally recorded in Singapore, and the band was happy with their performance in that show. That would have been a much better show. Or, how about the Nash concert from 1968 where the Time They Are A-Changin' song was recorded? Wouldn't that show have been a great addition, since we've never heard that show?

I do agree with how many hits weren't included, since any Hollies fan already has all those songs on multiple sourced.

I'll keep hoping that ONE MORE "rarities" album gets compiled and released. If EMI needs any hints on what tracks to include, I'm at their disposal!

Scott
PostPosted:Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:38 am
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic