graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Boys In The Band » What's next - who takes Carl's place?
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Marky J Post subject: What's next - who takes Carl's place?

I know this is a sad, strange time for the Hollies and fans alike. Chris and Sheila's letter states that the Hollies intend on finishing their tour, and the website names a fill-in singer.

But what about the Hollies if they continue in to 2005?

I think that the group would dissapoint fans and musicians alike if they just put a young face up front. Even if the young man sounded exactly like Allan Clarke, it just wouldn't seem right.

Since late 1999, I've often said that Tony Hicks and Terry Sylvester should mend fences, but most have said that is unlikely.

Two singers that I always thought had just enough "kick" and "grace" to fill the spot would be Rod Allen from The Fortunes or Mike Kogel from Los Bravos.

Oddly enough, both groups are on the tourpath as of 2004! I just wonder if these men have been considered by the Hollies and if either would take the chance on jumping ship to the group?

To jog your memories - Rod Allen sang the lead vocal on the Fortunes "Here Comes That Rainy Day Feeling Again" and Mike Kogel sang the lead vocal on "Black Is Black" by Los Lobos.
PostPosted:Thu Sep 23, 2004 19:01 pm
graphic
Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Susie Hewett Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Marky Exclamation

The 2 guys you mentioned are good suggestions but you never know, if Peter Howarth does a good enough job on the autumn tour he might be asked to join the band fulltime.

All The Best

Susie

Very Happy Razz
PostPosted:Fri Sep 24, 2004 1:05 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Shelley Post subject: What's next - who takes Carl's place?
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I feel a bit caught here.

I hope Peter does a fantastic job in this Autumn Tour, and continues to be a great success with The Hollies, but at the same time, what will happen to 'mhm'? He has just released a cd single with the other two backing singers, (mhm), he works with, with an album due for release next year.

Shelley
PostPosted:Wed Sep 29, 2004 18:14 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Cindy1986 Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

I am still upset about Carl Sad but I will give Peter Howarth a fair go and hope he is a success as The Hollies new Lead Singer on the current tour Smile

I am going to see The Band for the first time in 7 weeks time so I will see for myself how Peter is at singing all those Hollies classics and then give my opinion on him and the band Cool

Bye For Now

Cindy
PostPosted:Mon Oct 04, 2004 2:57 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Look forward to your report Cindy.

PostPosted:Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:46 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject: Welcome Pete
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

I just cannot wait to hear Pete fronting the Hollies. A fellow fan from Sweden, and also a guy from Norway with a huge record collection, both has heard him, and they say he's fantastic. I cannot see why the front man has to be a certain age.
PostPosted:Tue Oct 05, 2004 20:40 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

I will be very interested to see what happens at the end of this tour. I know Peter has his other interests with his group and may tour with Cliff in future concerts, I would hate to see the Hollies go on with just fill in singers. By the sounds of the early reviews Pete has done a great job, maybe he could sign on the dotted line and become a more permanent member, lets hope so.

PostPosted:Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:13 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hearing about how good Peter is making me more excited about seeing him perform with the band next month Smile and it would be nice if he becomes a permanent member after the tour. Very Happy

All The Best

Susie

Wink Cool
PostPosted:Thu Oct 07, 2004 1:12 am

Last edited by Susie Hewett on Fri Oct 08, 2004 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Suzanne Post subject:

Great to see that Peter's done such a good job so far and I'm glad those of you who have seen him have been so impressed. He'll be delighted too with the response.

Give him a go, even if you're not sure - he's not the new Carl Wayne; he's the first Peter Howarth and he's not even going to TRY and mimic Carl. Instead, he'll put his own superb voice and, who knows, maybe make his own mark on The Hollies hits.
PostPosted:Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:43 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

I agree with what you said Suzanne Exclamation I still miss Carl, but Peter deserves a fair go and that is what he is getting from me. Smile

All The Best

Susie

Very Happy Razz
PostPosted:Sat Oct 09, 2004 3:01 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
John Truman Post subject: What's next - who takes Carl's place.
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I've just returned from Munich after attending the concert last night. just to say that I was most impressed with Peter Howarth. It seemed like he'd been with the Hollies for ages. He was very confident and he has a great voice. I'll write up a review of last night's events for Rob's website when I have caught up on a few jobs. It was a great night though.
PostPosted:Sun Oct 10, 2004 14:35 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi John Exclamation

I am pleased you had a good time at the concert on Saturday Night and I can't wait to see your review (when you get time to write it of course). Very Happy

It is great that Peter is doing such an excellent job and it sounds like he is becoming a Star in his own right. Razz

All The Best

Susie

Smile Cool Wink
PostPosted:Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:52 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
loenen16 Post subject: peter howart
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

i am glad that i am just not the only person that is impressed by the show with Peter and the Hollies and that there are more people seen the man.
Peter has done a tremendous job.
and thats another thing Hollies always do bring out the best in someone who has the talent the skills look trough the years who have workt with the band and the great talent they have .
so John Truman i am glad that you ve also like this man for the job .
to be the leadsinger in front off the best band in the world THE HOLLIES
bernard
PostPosted:Mon Oct 11, 2004 19:16 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Martin Dodd Post subject: Re:Peter Howarth
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

Hi Folks
Just like to add my voice to all the good folk who have seen Peter Howarth before and to those who have not indeed.

He is a fantastic vocalist who I saw in The Roy Orbison Story about 5 years ago. In fact the show was so good I think we ended up going about 3 times to see the production.

I have no doubt whatsoever that he will not fit into The Hollies as he was a very versatile singer with a fantastic range which you need to be able to sing all those classic Hollies songs!

Good luck to him,looking forward to seeing the band on November 6th at The Palace Theatre,Manchester.

Best Wishes All,
Martin
PostPosted:Wed Oct 13, 2004 16:02 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Boys In The Band
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1