graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Out On The Road » 2004 Autumn Tour News
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
hollies Post subject: 2004 Autumn Tour News

Site Admin

The Hollies were all shocked and saddened by the sudden death of their friend and colleague Carl Wayne. It was Carl's wish for The Hollies Autumn Tour to go ahead as scheduled and for The Hollies great songs to continue to be performed live.

For the Autumn Tour, The Hollies are very excited that Peter Howarth will be joining them. Like their old friend Graham Nash, Peter was born in Blackpool and for many years has sung with Cliff Richard. He was also co-writer of the West End Musical 'Prince of Sherwood Forest' and recently has starred in two National Tours of 'Only The Lonely' the Roy Orbison Story.

The Hollies look forward to seeing their fans again this Autumn.

Hollies Forum
PostPosted:Tue Sep 21, 2004 19:23 pm

Last edited by hollies on Mon Nov 15, 2004 21:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
James Towill Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Anybody have any more infor on Peter? What does he sound like for one?! Laughing
PostPosted:Tue Sep 21, 2004 20:11 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Knut Post subject: New vocalist
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

This is good news, Rob. We will all miss Carl, but we think that the legacy of Hollies music deserves to be played. I am once again looking forward to a trip to Manchester in November. I know it will be tough to follow Allan and Carl, hopefully Peter Howarth will do the job as well as previous replacements have done in this fabulous group!
PostPosted:Tue Sep 21, 2004 20:50 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
KathyGoGo Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

Excellent. I'm glad the band will continue on as per Carl's wish. We love you Carl.

PostPosted:Tue Sep 21, 2004 22:26 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Susie Hewett Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Like James said does anyone have any info on Peter Howarth Question

I will be honest and say that I have never heard of him but I will give him the same fair go I gave Carl.

All The Best

Susie

Very Happy Cool
PostPosted:Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:56 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
KP Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

Information on Peter Howarth from here-

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/Denis_Teulon/phowarth.htm

although its not been updated for a while. He's certainly been in the business a while and been in a number of quite high profile shows.
PostPosted:Wed Sep 22, 2004 17:09 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi all,
Well I can tell you that I've seen the new lead singer of the Hollies live in concert, well I didn't know it at the time. I have looked through a few old tour books and there he was, okay he was a backing singer to Cliff when I had the pleasure. Hey I might have him on one of my Cliff concert videos.

PostPosted:Thu Sep 23, 2004 0:15 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Thanks for the link KP Exclamation I was reading Peter's biography and it says that he toured Australia with Cliff Richard in 1998 so like you Anthony, I have also seen him live on stage. Before I read the biography I had a good look at the photo of Peter at the top of the page and he did look familiar.

All The Best

Susie

Smile Cool
PostPosted:Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:43 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Suzanne Post subject:

Dear all

I'm new here but I've been aware of Peter Howarth and I've been aware of The Hollies for many years.

Please visit these two websites to find out more about Peter Howarth and his career (please note that both sites concentrate mainly on his work with Sir Cliff Richard but there is information about his other activities).

http://www.mickmullins.moonfruit.com/
http://www.mhm-services.co.uk/
PostPosted:Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:54 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Shelley Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Hi Susie & James,

There's is loads of information on Peter Howarth on http://www.mickmullins.moonfruit.com/ .

Although I do have pictures mainly of Peter on there whilst on tour with Cliff Richard, there is a page devoted just to Peter which covers a lot of his work to date, a photo page, and also a review page of his musical, Robin Hood.

Shelley Wink
PostPosted:Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:00 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi all,
Thanks for all the links for Peter. Susie I had a quick look at some of my Cliff concert videos and Peter was there as one of the singers, hard to believe that he will be the front man for the rest of the Hollies tour. Funny in one of the videos it also has Steve Stroud who has been a member of the Hollies, it was like a bit of the old and the new. All the best to Peter and I'm sure he will do a fantastic job, maybe he will do the job long term, we can only hope.
I hope he brings his own style to the band like Carl did very successfully.

PostPosted:Thu Sep 23, 2004 16:14 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Anthony Exclamation

I am sure Peter will do a good job as the band's Lead Singer during the coming tour and like you I hope that he ends up doing the job fulltime with his own style. No-one should expect him to be exactly like Carl or Allan, that wouldn't be fair.

And thankyou to KP, Shelley and Suzanne for the links which gives people like myself who had never heard of Peter a fair idea of who he is.

All The best

Susie

Razz Cool Rolling Eyes
PostPosted:Fri Sep 24, 2004 1:22 am
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Out On The Road
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1