graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Boys In The Band » Carl Wayne 1943-2004
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
hollies Post subject: Carl Wayne 1943-2004

Site Admin

It is with much sadness that I have to announce that following a long illness, Carl Wayne passed away peacefully at his home yesterday morning, 31st August 2004.

The Hollies and the world of music have lost a shining star, a true professional.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to his wife Susan, son Jack and all of his family.

Rob, Lesley and family
PostPosted:Wed Sep 01, 2004 20:42 pm

Last edited by hollies on Thu Nov 25, 2004 17:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
KathyGoGo Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

I am so so sad.

RIP Carl. My thoughts go out to your family.

Kathy

PostPosted:Wed Sep 01, 2004 21:43 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Carl, was a great guy with a wonderful gift.
My thoughts go out to everybody that knew him.
When Carl joined the Hollies I had no idea who he was, in the end he touched our hearts. Special memories of his tour here in 2001.
Thanks Carl, sadly missed.

PostPosted:Thu Sep 02, 2004 0:20 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Susie Hewett Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

I am so sad and in shock at the untimely passing of Carl. Crying or Very sad He was a wonderful person and a fantastic entertainer who always had time for his fans and he will be sadly missed by thousands around the world. Crying or Very sad

My Sincere Condolences go out to Susan, Jack and the rest of his family. My Condolences also go to Carl's good friends and workmates The Hollies who I hope can carry on without him.

May you rest in peace Carl.

All My Love

Susie

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
PostPosted:Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:23 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Christine Wilson Post subject: To Carl
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

Dearest Carl

I am still numb with shock to hear this sad news. I, like others, will miss you immensely. You will always be with us in spirit.

All my sympathy to Sue and Jack.

All my love
Christine
PostPosted:Thu Sep 02, 2004 8:50 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Cindy1986 Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

I am still in shock and devastated at the news of Carl's death, I can't believe he is gone Crying or Very sad When my Mum told me the news this afternoon and I went to the various Carl Wayne/Hollies sites and read the messages I just cried Crying or Very sad

Carl was a very talented and influential entertainer and I was really excited about seeing him and The Hollies for the first time in November.

My very deepest condolences go to Susan, Jack and the Wayne family Sad and of course Tony, Bobby, Alan, Ian and Ray who have lost and great lead singer. Sad

Carl will be missed by thousands and may he rest in peace.

All My Love

Cindy

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
PostPosted:Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:31 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
phoobingcamel Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

Gone but never forgotten!

Crying or Very sad Carl was a true inspiration and a wonderful human being. This is a sad, sad time. Let us reflect on the joy that Carl brought us all through his great music and his zest for life.

He really was a great professional and will be greatly missed

PostPosted:Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:31 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
MichealC Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

This is such a shock. I heard he was ill but I thought it was only a flu or something that caused him to miss a few gigs. Very sudden.

My condolences to his friends and family.

Just last week I heard The Move for the first time, Blackberry Way...

Micheal
PostPosted:Thu Sep 02, 2004 17:10 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
James Towill Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

My deepest sympathies go to Carl's family and friends. He was a true professional, with his years in the Move being an exceptional period, plus his latter years of success in the Hollies. The Move were actually one of the very first 60's bands which I really got interested in when I was growing up in the early '90's, some years before I was interested in the Hollies! The two gigs I attended at Glasgow and Stirling in March were excellent, even although Carl wasn't in the Allan Clarke mould vocally. It was a treat to hear those classic Move records performed so well. He brought a fresh outlook to the band, a soulful vocal and also the fire to try and push the band into recording new material and re-thinking their concert schedule.

I for one will be cranking up the volume when I play 'Shazam' later.

RIP Carl.

James
PostPosted:Thu Sep 02, 2004 18:33 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
GordonJ Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Very sad news. Like a lot of us, I had been looking forward to seeing Carl again in November. It still hasn't really sunk in yet that it's not going to happen. Carl was an outstanding vocalist with a knock out personality and always friendly when you met him. Deep sympathy to Carl's family and friends.
GordonJ
PostPosted:Thu Sep 02, 2004 19:25 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Cindy1986 Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

I am shocked and saddened at the news of Carl's untimely death. Sad He was a wonderful singer and assett to The Hollies and he will be in the hearts of those who new him best and fans alike for many years to come Sad

My Boyfriend Alan and I send our deepest condolences to his wife Susan, son Jack and of course the rest of the band who lost a great friend and wonderful lead singer. Sad

I hope that The Hollies carry on because the entertainment world just wouldn't be the same without them.

May You Rest In Peace Carl.

All My Love

Victoria

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

P.S. As I am not a member of the forum my sister said that I could write this message using her name.
PostPosted:Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:49 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
DistantLight Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I don't know what to write really...

As I heard from his dead I was really shocked.

RIP Carl
PostPosted:Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:37 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Gina Post subject:
Banjo

Banjo

My thoughts go to Carl quite often these days. Although Allan for me still is the voice in pop music, I was glad we had the opportunity to see the Hollies at least once with Carl and really enjoyed the concert. It was more by chance next morning that we met Ray who kindly gave us some time and also introduced us to Carl. He, too, was very friendly, showed interest and it had been a pleasure to talk to him. From this morning, the impression of the concert and what I had read about Carl I felt a lot of respect for this man, as he was doing a lot more than the job required - if he did not appear on stage, you could be sure there was a serious reason. Thinking about him again, it`s probably the feeling – the anger that it is just not fair that he had to go this early. It`s a shame the band hasn`t done more out of the time with him – well, maybe they have and something might be released, but then the one who wanted the progess won`t be able to receive the merits he deserves.
The Hollies have always been that good and strong enough to survive the loss of their lead vocalists, and they`ll be able to cope with it this time as well - Ian Harrison has already proved qualities. But at the moment I`m not quite sure if I should wish them to go on…
PostPosted:Fri Sep 03, 2004 12:09 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Boys In The Band
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1