graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music » Head Out Of Dreams - 6 CD Box Set
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
hollies Post subject: Head Out Of Dreams - 6 CD Box Set

Site Admin

Six-Disc Boxed Set Combines Album Tracks And Rarities The Band Recorded With Original Lead Singer Allan Clarke Between 1973 And 1988

Pre-order from Amazon Here

Hollies Forum
PostPosted:Thu Feb 16, 2017 18:57 pm

Last edited by hollies on Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:04 am; edited 3 times in total
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Phil Cohen Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

Looks like a good set, and I've ordered it, mostly to get properly mastered releases of "Corrine" & "Crossfire". I've already got good CD releases of the other songs.

But I have a legitimate question: Why have "Find Me A Family", "No Rules", Holliedaze" & "Hollipops" been omitted? And concert recordings and the Polydor promotional disco version of "Draggin' My Heels".

Of course, at some point in the future, Warner Music could assemble one last set that clears the vaults of all remaining useable material plus all the recordings released (to date) by the 21st century Hollies line-up.
PostPosted:Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:09 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Gee Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Those latter tracks are not included due to CD running time limitations - a six CD set is pretty good overall

Hopefully a complete latter Clarke era CD from say 1985 to 1993 can be compiled in the future (?)

'Holliedaze' and 'Hollipops' were medleys edited together from other hits that have been included in the earlier CD sets in this series therefore are not considered to be 'songs' as such - hence the 'Reprise' from the 'Buddy Holly' album is also absent in this CD set

- besides 'Find Me A Family' and 'No Rules' there are also latter studio tracks such as; 'Nothing Else But Love', 'Baby Come Back', 'Hillsborough', (all still unissued in the UK), plus the rarer studio version of 'Purple Rain', and 'Naomi', 'Two Shadows' and of course their final UK chart hit with Allan Clarke 'The Woman I Love' together with 'Peggy Sue Got Married' (with Buddy Holly & Graham Nash)

also 'Hard To Forget' remains unreleased from 1986

- that's eleven latter Clarke era studio tracks which along with; 'Too Many Hearts Get Broken', 'You're All Woman', 'Laughter Turns To Tears', 'You Gave Me Strength', 'Reunion of The Heart', 'This is it', 'Stand By Me', 'For What it's Worth (I'm Sorry)', 'Shine Silently' and 'Your Eyes' make some 21 studio tracks that could make a strong CD set (tho' hopefully the 'Coronation Street' cast singalong version of 'He Ain't Heavy' will be overlooked !)

Live tracks would probably make a separate CD set

- there are the live recordings on 'Hollies Live Hits' of course (including the live 'Boulder To Birmingham' and a hopefully restoreable performance of 'Amazing Grace' which remain unissued), plus 'Write On' & "Blowin in The Wind' (1982) and 'Another Night' (1991) that have been officially released overseas and the live version of 'Purple Rain' - there's enough material for a further CD compilation of The Allan Clarke fronted Hollies

While the new set states The 'complete' Hollies this only relates to officially released studio tracks for the period from 1973 to 1988 as stated.

In addition to 'C'mon', 'Corrine', and 'Crossfire' it's good to see the latter tracks; 'You're All Woman', 'You Gave Me Strength', 'For What it's Worth (I'm Sorry)', and 'Your Eyes' getting a belated UK release on compact disc at last.

re alternate versions, in addition to the twelve inch single extended version of 'Draggin My Heels' there is also the longer version of 'The Day That Curly Billy Shot Down Crazy Sam Mcgee' but I assume these were not included again as they are studio variations of tracks that are included on the set and also due to CD running time limitations.
PostPosted:Mon Feb 20, 2017 18:46 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Phil Cohen Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

There was, for a time, a download-only iTunes release of questionable legitimacy("The Hollies-Up Front:The Coconut Collection and More") which, in addition to various 7" & 12" mixes of the Coconut recordings, also contained an instrumental version of "Find Me a Family", and it did contain the Polydor promotional "Disco" version of 'Draggin' My Heels", though audibly dubbed from vinyl, and unfortunately dubbed to a deteriorating CD-R disc, so there are some digital noises.
The track listing was:
1.Stand By Me(Special Dance Version)
2.Stand By Me(Abbey Road Version)
3.Stand By Me(Special Dub Version)
4.Stand By Me(Instrumental Version)
5.Shine Silently(Special 12" mix)
6.Shine Silently(7" mix)
7.Your Eyes(Special 12" mix)
8.Your Eyes(7" mix)
9.For What It's Worth, I'm Sorry
10.Long Cool Woman(5:51)
11.Find Me A Family(Instrumental Version)
12.Draggin' My Heels (6:27)
PostPosted:Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:05 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Phil Cohen Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

A shorter, 9-song version of the iTunes download is still available, but minus tracks 10,11 & 12, which the Coconut label probably never had permission to use.
PostPosted:Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:16 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Gee Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Look like the official website details about this release includes an error

it states Allan Clarke rejoined The Hollies in 1974 - it was in late summer 1973 !!
PostPosted:Sat Mar 11, 2017 14:40 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
håkan strandberg Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

When will there be a box set relesed of Allan Clarkes albums.(waiting,hoping)
PostPosted:Sat Mar 18, 2017 22:41 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
hollies Post subject:

Site Admin

Gee wrote:
Look like the official website details about this release includes an error

it states Allan Clarke rejoined The Hollies in 1974 - it was in late summer 1973 !!

It did. Unfortunately, it was the press release from Warner!

Hollies Forum
PostPosted:Sat Mar 18, 2017 23:14 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Gee Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

perhaps Warners should be advised of their error so it can be put right ?
PostPosted:Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:48 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Just like to say I'm enjoying this new 6 cd set, great to have these b sides , Some of the songs I have never heard to it's be great to have them.

PostPosted:Mon Apr 10, 2017 22:36 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
aprimus62 Post subject: Head Out of Dreams Box Set
Banjo

Banjo

Oh my goodness! I just received my box set today. I have only made through disc one and am so excited! Most of my Hollies music is from iTunes. It made me smile to hold an actual cd. I’m a happy girl....will definitely be buying more Hollies cds...just for the experience, lol

PostPosted:Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:41 am
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1