graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Out On The Road » aussie dates 2019
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject: aussie dates 2019
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Thanks for posting the Aussie and NZ tour dates Rob, still not on sale here but ready for that now,

PostPosted:Tue Sep 04, 2018 22:54 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject: Re: aussie dates 2019
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Anthony wrote:
Thanks for posting the Aussie and NZ tour dates Rob, still not on sale here but ready for that now,

My tickets arrived in the post yesterday, very pleased. this year a couple of friends are joining us. Funny last Hollies concert I went to here they asked why didn't I tell them I was going as they would have wanted to come, well this time they are going to see the magic of the Hollies for a first time.

PostPosted:Thu Sep 20, 2018 22:48 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Emily Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

Hi Anthony, I am sure many of us here in the UK will be wishing we could be at the concert with you and your friends next February!
PostPosted:Fri Sep 21, 2018 15:24 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Emily wrote:
Hi Anthony, I am sure many of us here in the UK will be wishing we could be at the concert with you and your friends next February!

I had a lot of fun at some shows in the UK April this year thanks Emily

PostPosted:Fri Sep 21, 2018 22:57 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Not long till the Australian Tour.

PostPosted:Fri Feb 01, 2019 21:40 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dawn D Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Hope you enjoy Anthony! I'm sure you will. I'm very envious - The Hollies don't seem to do the UK these days. Just a note to them - the Fairfield Halls in Croydon has been closed for refurbishment for the last 3 years, but it's opening again in September this year - Hollies please come back!
PostPosted:Fri Feb 01, 2019 22:31 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Emily Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

First a message for Dawn - by my reckoning the Hollies tour in the UK approximately every 18 months which must mean we are due for a tour this Autumn. I don't see any dates on the Frontm3n website for any of their concerts in September October or November so Peter should be free. (ps it would be good to have them tour here). I am a little concerned for Peter though as he has just finished a lengthy tour in Germany and has to be in Perth in the next few days. At least there should be sunshine to cheer them all up. Wishing everyone attending the concerts in Australia and New Zealand a great time and no trouble travelling to the theatres. Please send us some reports as we are getting withdrawal symptons over here!
PostPosted:Tue Feb 12, 2019 13:56 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
redcloud Post subject: Perth concert

Just to ease your withdrawl symptoms Emily, the Perth audience gave The Hollies a very warm and rowdy welcome. I always feel they look so energised as it is the first show, and they look like a group on guys on holiday together. I'm so sorry that I don't have a set list but although my husband and I are lucky enough to see them in other cities, we just don't see them often enough. I spent the show just enjoying the moment. We are in Sydney at the moment for the show tomorrow night and then in Melbourne for the show on Wednesday. I will endeavour to write down the set list if Anthony doesn't beat me to it.

As an aside, I work for Qantas at Perth Airport and was proud that Tony mentioned our direct London to Perth service. I'm on holidays at the moment, so sadly wasn't available to drive in the airbridge and open the aircraft door for them.
PostPosted:Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:08 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dawn D Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Hi Emily, yes, I'm hoping for an Autumn tour this year. I think they do Kilworth House open air show every other year, so hopefully that will happen. I was visiting a friend this weekend, who went with me to the last Kilworth show in July 2017. We were talking about it just as we went into a supermarket, and as we walked in the door, on cue, Carrie Anne started playing over the intercom system! It must be a sign!
Nice to hear from redcloud that all was good for the first show in Australia.
PostPosted:Mon Feb 18, 2019 20:09 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
wilf loynd Post subject: Brisbane Concert Friday 22nd.

What an amazing coincidence. Fifty years since the golden days of the "Imperial Ballroom Nelson" and the "Cavendish club Blackburn when I lived in Clitheroe. Now quite by chance as I holiday with my daughter in Brisbane the Hollies appear as if by magic at the Performing Arts Complex. What a lucky guy am I, so looking forward to Friday night taking me back to those brilliant days.

PostPosted:Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:05 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dawn D Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Mysterious forces at work here!! Laughing Hope you have a great time at the Brisbane show.
PostPosted:Wed Feb 20, 2019 17:27 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

magical night here in Melbourne, the group was in top form.

PostPosted:Wed Feb 20, 2019 21:58 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Christine Wilson Post subject: Adelaide
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

Hi all

I saw the boys last Sunday. Wonderful! I was four rows from the front and on the side, so I as able to get up and dance on the side-aisle without getting in anyone's way to Stop Stop Stop. I HAVEN'T BELLY-DANCED IN 20 YEARS! I still managed and I think Peter liked it. He hasn't seen me do it before.

And they played..............................

MAGIC WOMAN TOUCH!!!!

Alas I didn't get to meet them afterwards. The theatre is still under construction in some parts, one being the stage door. But to see them again is the main thing.

I hope to have time to write a review. I don't have as much free time these days with working longer hours and Jemima getting older.

Due to busy schedule I haven't had time to visit the site as much as I used to. So it is only today that I saw the article about Eric. I will write a post to pay my respects.

Love Christine
PostPosted:Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:53 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Emily Post subject: Re: Brisbane Concert Friday 22nd.
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

[quote="wilf loynd"]What an amazing coincidence. Fifty years since the golden days of the "Imperial Ballroom Nelson" and the "Cavendish club Blackburn when I lived in Clitheroe. Now quite by chance as I holiday with my daughter in Brisbane the Hollies appear as if by magic at the Performing Arts Complex. What a lucky guy am I, so looking forward to Friday night taking me back to those brilliant days.[/quote]
I often wonder what you thought of the current band - please let us know!
PostPosted:Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:53 am
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Out On The Road
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1