graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Out On The Road » Wimbledon Theatre 7/4/16
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dawn D Post subject: Wimbledon Theatre 7/4/16
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

A fantastic show last night, my voice was very croaky this morning, from singing along to all of the songs. Glad Emotions was back and they kept the new arrangements for On A Carousel and Look Through Any Window - I love the way LTAW starts slowly, Bobby walks away from the drums, and gets back in time for the song to really explode - great! My seat was 10 rows back. I booked that because it has lots of leg room in front. It was particularly great because when Ian did his walkabout during We're Through - he walked right past me with his flashing tambourine!! - I wished I had my camera/phone at the ready!
I liked the lighting effects, I probably noticed it more as I was a way back. I was very impressed when it was in time with the music during Stop! In the Name of Love - that part when the music stops abruptly. Also when Peter was telling the story of who got thrown out of the nightclub in New York - there was one bright white light shining down on Tony - were they trying to give us a clue?
Tony, as ever, fantastic with his sitar/guitar for The Baby and banjo for Stop, Stop, Stop.
For Heavy and Air, I could really hear all the crowd singing along - again, it probably was because I was further back than usual. They got cheers and applause before both of those songs and a standing ovation at the end, of course!
I loved Stay, always wish I could get up and dance for that! But Long Cool Woman makes up for that at the end Very Happy
PostPosted:Fri Apr 08, 2016 19:46 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

thanks Dawn, sounds like a brilliant night.

PostPosted:Fri Apr 08, 2016 22:38 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Emily Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

Thank you Dawn for your review. It is fascinating to read the things that other fans notice at Hollies' concerts - I must admit I don't remember much about the lights at Harrogate. (Must take more notice at Buxton!) Before Stop Stop Stop Peter did say that if we wanted to know who was "thrown out" we would have to read Bobby's book but as the band are busy for the next few months I guess we still have a while to wait.
PostPosted:Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:14 am
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Out On The Road
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1