graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music » Any chance of a New Hollies studio album ?
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Gee Post subject: Any chance of a New Hollies studio album ?
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Is there any likelihood of a new studio album anytime soon from The Hollies...?

They have two original songs they could include - 'Skylarks' & 'Priceless' ('Skylarks' already released but could go any new album while 'Priceless' most certainly deserves a studio recording)

also they could have another reunion with old friend Graham Nash and finally cut a complete Hollies studio version of Graham's classic song; 'Marrakesh Express' - originally written FOR The Hollies

featuring Graham on Guest Lead vocal / acoustic guitar with Tony, Peter, Steve & Ray doing the harmony/backup vocals & the instrumentation by The Hollies (shades of Buddy Holly & The Hollies on 'Peggy Sue Got Married') - that could be credited as; 'The Hollies Featuring Graham Nash'

According to his interview in the August issue of 'Record Collector' magazine (issue no. 443 on page 29 at the top of the page) Bobby Elliott says he'd like to work with Graham once again & The Hollies finally doing 'Marrakesh Express' at long last would be an ideal oppertunity for another 'one off' collaboration.

that's three tracks, and I'm sure Tony, Bobby, Peter, Steve & Ray could compose enough songs between them for a new studio album that would be really great

so how about it guys...?
PostPosted:Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:05 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Bonus Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Gee, I cross my fingers and hope it will be a dream come true. When I listen to the latest works from the boys it sounds as if they're capable of doing a musical. Pete's ability is proven with his musical Prince of Sheerwood, and booth Priceless and Skylark has the full potential. It's lovely Songs!

On the other hand, " musicals" are not Hollies-style (but if we listen to Confessions of the mind f.e we must admit that they're not so far from "dramamusic"). But do they have the energy and courage to try it? I suppose Your dream is closer to reality than mine. But it's far away to a new recorded album I suppose..
PostPosted:Tue Oct 13, 2015 20:36 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1