graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Out On The Road » Kilworth House - spare ticket?
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Claire :-P Post subject: Kilworth House - spare ticket?

Hi.......Kilworth House is sold out but I have a friend looking for a spare ticket. Please can you let me know if you have a spare ticket you no longer need? Payment could be sent in advance or brought to the gig on Sunday.

Thanks
Claire
PostPosted:Fri Jul 24, 2015 19:58 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Emily Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

I do hope you were able to get a ticket for your friend - it must have been a lovely event especially as the weather was so good. Please can you post a few comments about the concert? We are getting withdrawal symptons!
Having said that MARK RADCLIFFE has a show on BBC 6 Music and next Wednesday at 1 pm his guests are Bobby and Tony. Does anyone know if these are new interviews?
PostPosted:Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:30 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Ails7 Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

We arrived at Kilworth House in beautiful sunshine and headed straight for the picnic area and soon found many Hollies fans enjoying the weather. After spending some time catching up with some of the regular concert goers we took our seats and soon the familiar intro music started and on they came straight into the set list that was used on the recent tour. Tony asked if anyone remembered Silverstone and explained that it had been lovely at 6pm but then at 8pm the heavens opened. Peter quickly told Tony not to mention the weather in case of jinxing the venue. A short while later it did darken but only for a short time as it was beginning to get near to dusk. Peter said I told you not to mention the weather Tony as it started to darken, but all was well and the night remained reasonably warm.

Tony was plagued by a persistent moth whilst trying to play during one song, and every one else swatting at the flying insects as they played. Tony said he had been stung a few days earlier by a wasp and it was hurting as his guitar strap was right over the sting.

Soon the first half was over and it seemed everyone was enjoying the music. Second half began and the audience singing and clapping along to all the songs, Ian with his tambourine minus his head light as it was not needed was among the appreciative crowd. Bobby updated us about his book and said he is now up to 1969 and 66,000 words. Soon it was the final three songs, well deserved standing ovations and nearly everyone on their feet to dance and sing to LCW.

Another amazing performance and Milton Keynes still to come😀🎶🎹🎼
PostPosted:Fri Aug 07, 2015 15:40 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
John Truman Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Yes, it was a very enjoyable evening concert at a lovely open air venue. Kilworth House Theatre has a capacity of 550 comfortable padded seats and The Hollies concert was sold out very quickly when the tickets went on sale back in April.

I'm pleased that We're Through was back on the set list. Everyone has a mini-solo spot during this song - even Ian singing one verse (when Peter jokingly puts his fingers in his ears!). Also Stop in The Name Of Love was included which I hadn't heard for a long time. Peter and Bobby's new song Priceless was also in the set list.

There were some amusing moments. In addition to the persistent moth mentioned by Ails7, Peter got himself tangled up with his ear-piece wire and guitar strap much to the amusement of the band members and audience. Also during Bobby's energetic drumming on one song, he accidentally let go of one of his drum sticks which flew across the stage into the front row. A nice souvenir for one lucky chap!

The finale of He Ain't Heavy, Air and Long Cool Woman had well-deserved standing ovations.

So Milton Keynes is up next month. I wonder how far Bobby will have got on his book by then?

PostPosted:Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:37 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Ails7 Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

John Truman wrote:
Yes, it was a very enjoyable evening concert at a lovely open air venue. Kilworth House Theatre has a capacity of 550 comfortable padded seats and The Hollies concert was sold out very quickly when the tickets went on sale back in April.

I'm pleased that We're Through was back on the set list. Everyone has a mini-solo spot during this song - even Ian singing one verse (when Peter jokingly puts his fingers in his ears!). Also Stop in The Name Of Love was included which I hadn't heard for a long time. Peter and Bobby's new song Priceless was also in the set list.

There were some amusing moments. In addition to the persistent moth mentioned by Ails7, Peter got himself tangled up with his ear-piece wire and guitar strap much to the amusement of the band members and audience. Also during Bobby's energetic drumming on one song, he accidentally let go of one of his drum sticks which flew across the stage into the front row. A nice souvenir for one lucky chap!

The finale of He Ain't Heavy, Air and Long Cool Woman had well-deserved standing ovations.

So Milton Keynes is up next month. I wonder how far Bobby will have got on his book by then?
I had forgotten about Peter tying himself in knots. He's a bit accident prone at the moment as his beloved Flyde guitar fell off the music stand a few weeks ago at one of his acoustic shows and it has a cracked fret.
PostPosted:Sat Aug 08, 2015 13:52 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
frostina Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

Thank you to everyone who posted reviews of the show. Does anyone have photos to share?
PostPosted:Sun Aug 09, 2015 15:52 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Emily Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

I would like to add my thanks to those of Frostina. I am lucky enough to be able to go to at least one concert on every tour but it is good to hear news of more recent ones. I know our friends overseas - like Frostina - appreciate these comments too.
PostPosted:Mon Aug 10, 2015 14:35 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
KirstyW73 Post subject:

Does anyone know rough times when the guys are likely to arrive at the MK gig, as I'd like to try and get some autographs as I know Tony likes to dash off straight after the shows?

PostPosted:Mon Aug 10, 2015 14:48 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Out On The Road
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1