graphic
Goto page Previous  1, 2
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Reflections Of A Time Long Past » FAvorite Allan Clarke Solo Tracks
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
benny-b-goode Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

UPDATE:
Now I have "My Real Name Is 'arold" on CD which was just released by Magic Records. It's a great album and I have to add new favourites to my list:
1. Mary Skeffington (absolutely beautiful)
2. You're Losing Me (very emotional song)
3. Moonshine Whiskey (love this country rocker)
4. Ruby (great rock song)
5. Bring On Your Smiles (love the rhythm of that song)
The next update will come when I will get "Reasons To Believe" someday. Very Happy
PostPosted:Sat Jan 02, 2010 18:19 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
malco Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

Having just 'Headroom' and 'Legendary Heroes' to select from I would say that the songs I particularly like are -1. Brandenburg Plaza 2. Legendary Heroes. i also like his version of Badfingers' 'Baby Blue' and the Dobie Gray song 'Drift Away"
PostPosted:Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:03 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
dcpurcell Post subject: Allan Clarke
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

Allan's solo work overall wasn't nearly up to the Hollies standard. There are only 4 solo songs of his tat I regard as outstanding:
1. You're Losing Me - One of his best vocals.
2. Nature's Way of Saying Goodbye - An even stronger song and performance than Don't Let Me Down.
3.The Long Way - A superb production along with what might well be Allan's last great vocal.
4. If You Think You Know How to Love Me - Nothing brilliant but well produced and performed and catchy, which is what pop is supposed to be.

An honorable mention to the Buckingham-Nicks song Don't Let Me Down Again. I'll always remember that one reviewer said that listening to this album made him want to commit suicide I'd give an honorable mention to Baby Blue if it wasn't for the annoying background vocals.
PostPosted:Wed Apr 11, 2012 14:04 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
allyouneedisallanclarke Post subject: Re: FAvorite Allan Clarke Solo Tracks

Otis Robb wrote:
Okay, get the missiles ready one more time (ha-ha), I thought most of his solo stuff missed the mark entirely (though I havent heard the lastest one yet) However, redemption is in order...

1) Let Us Prey - it has a slight 'gospel' tinge and with its tongue in cheek title and lyrical content makes it a superb track. Allan does some nice uptempo acoustic strumming here. Solid.

2. Ruby- In general Allan didnt do too many rockers, but this one had the energy that in my estimation was a good successor to Long Cool Woman.
Superb brass arrangement weaved througout the comp

(Just wish the rest of the record held up to those two toons)

Oh yeah, speaking of worst album covers. Maybe this was suppose to a joke or something, but the metamophasis of Allan undressing was too lame to be hystrical. Ooops! Till the next...

Hi Otis Smile Persnally, I'm quite a big fan of Allan's solo work, although I see what you mean about some of it missing the mark!! The song 'Fishin'' really annoys me. But my favourites are Blinded By The Light, Ruby, Complete Controllable Man and, of course, the fabulous Sideshow!!! Very Happy

PostPosted:Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:21 am
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Reflections Of A Time Long Past
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2