graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Out On The Road » Fire at Churchill Theatre forces show to be cancelled
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
hollies Post subject: Fire at Churchill Theatre forces show to be cancelled

Site Admin

The Hollies were on stage at the Bromley Churchill Theatre going through their pre-show sound checks when the smell of burning began to fill the room and the fire alarm started to ring out. So, before all of the equipment was checked out and the sound check completed, everyone in the theatre was evacuated at approx. 17.40 to await the arrival of the fire brigade
Six appliances arrived and firefighters wearing breathing apparatus and using heat seeking cameras entered the building to try to find the cause of the smoke.

Unfortunately, after a couple of hours had passed, the seat of the fire could not be established either in the theatre or the adjoining library building.

After much discussion, with the safety of the public the foremost consideration by all concerned, a decision was taken by the Theatre and Fire Brigade that it was not going to be safe to allow the public into the theatre
for some time.   It was announced to the waiting audience that the show would regrettably have to be cancelled and that any ticket monies would be refunded.

The Hollies were very disappointed that they could not perform tonight and although they were prepared to wait for some time to be able to do so, it was clear as time went on, it was not going to be possible.

The theatre was not declared safe for staff to enter untill approx 20.33 but there was still the smell of burning throughout the theatre.  It would not have been pleasant for anyone to have been in there, particularly for any length of time and with the doors shut.

The cause of the incident is being investigated but it is believed to be a mechanical fault in the ventilation system.

Unfortunately, it was this very system that was needed to clear the theatre of any smoke and to provide the
fresh air which would have allowed for the show to continue.

See here for info from the London Fire Brigade

See here for photos as events unfolded

Hollies Forum
PostPosted:Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:55 am

Last edited by hollies on Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Sadly some unwanted excitement, great photos of all the action,

PostPosted:Sun Oct 19, 2014 21:37 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Emily Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

I do hope the Bromley concert can be re-arranged soon, so many of you will be disappointed as I know you will have been looking forward for months to seeing the band again or maybe for the first time? We were at Harrogate on the 4th and I booked the tickets in April! By the way I sent a concert review to Rob but it was from a different e mail address (my tablet using "hit and miss" wi fi in the wilds of Northumberland) so it may not have got through?. We were in the car on the way to Church yesterday just after 5.30pm and Paul O'Grady featured the Hollies in his "triples" spot. The songs played were Just one look, He ain't heavy and (surprise!) Tell me how.
PostPosted:Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:34 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Sarahd Post subject:

Waiting outside the Bromley theatre the other night we were all hoping that the concert might just be able to go ahead. Now seeing the full picture of what what was going on inside the building shows clearly why this couldn't have happened. It is a relief that everyone inside was safe and that the situation was brought under control when it was. I hope some of the others who missed Bromley will be able to see the band later in the tour.

PostPosted:Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:14 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
hollies Post subject:

Site Admin

The Hollies did not want to disappoint the sold out audience that had turned out for the show last Saturday in Bromley which was cancelled due to a serious problem with toxic smoke filling the theatre. This was caused by a fault in the air conditioning system.

We had great difficulty in finding an available date as The Hollies were fully booked with their Spring Tour and other personal commitments.

However, The Hollies are now delighted to announce that a new date has been confirmed for Monday the 30th March next year and that tickets will go on sale from today, 22nd October.

Anyone with tickets from the last show should contact the Bromley Churchill Theatre box office for more details on 0844 871 7620

Hollies Forum
PostPosted:Sat Oct 25, 2014 22:50 pm
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Out On The Road
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1