graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music » Last Hollies track issued in MONO
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
wishyouawish Post subject: Last Hollies track issued in MONO
Banjo

Banjo

Has been really quite on the Hollies front lately so I thought I would pose this question.
What Hollies track do members think is the last mixed to MONO track recorded and released and
what track would be the last track issued in MONO that most likely would have been a fold down to mono.
let's make this interesting by making it either UK or worldwide.
PostPosted:Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:13 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
wishyouawish Post subject:
Banjo

Banjo

My records indicate that “Gasoline Alley Bed” 45 was the last UK mono mix issued but most likely was a fold down from the stereo version although my records indicate that Magic Woman Touch was issued in mono in the UK. Can’t locate my copy to confirm this so maybe one of the UK members can confirm this.

In the US they issued promo 45s with one side mono and the other the stereo version. These include Long Cool Woman, Long Dark Road, The Baby, Jesus Was A Crossmaker, Slow Down, Curly Billy, Don’t Let Me Down, The Air That I Breathe, Sandy, Another Night, I’m Down, Write On, Draggin’ My Heels, Writing On The Wall (1977). Most of the US 45s were edited in some way as well.

Hey Willy 45 was issued in mono in France.
Hello Lady Goodbye 45 was issued in mono in Portugal as was Layin’ To The Music although this was just the left channel from the stereo version used to create the mono 45.
Indian Girl 45 was issued in mono in Australia.

I would suggest all of the above tracks are most likely fold downs from the stereo versions.
PostPosted:Sat Aug 16, 2014 14:34 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Words and Music
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1