The Hollies Forum Index » Out On The Road » State Theatre Concert
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Susie Hewett Post subject: State Theatre Concert
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

G'Day Everyone Exclamation

Last Night I went to The State Theatre in Sydney and saw The Hollies and once again they were absolutely sensational. Peter was in fine voice and so were the other band members. The concert began at Exactly 8.00pm and they performed until 9.00pm, then there was a intermission of 20 minutes, the band then came on for the second set at 9.20 and finished at 10.30.

The band began with Curly Billy, followed by I can't Let Go and Jennifer Eccles. Other songs they sang during the whole concert include, Too Young To Be Married, Long Cool Woman, I'm Alive, Yes I Will, look Through Any Window, Sandy, He Ain't Heavy, The Air That I Breathe, Weakness, Let Love Pass, Listen To Me, Gasoline Alley Bred, King Midas In Reverse, The Very Last Day and many others.

While the band performed Just One Look, Ian put a band around his forehead with a small light attached to it so he could see to walk around the audience in the dark, he also played a Tambourine. I was on the end of the isle so when Ian came passed me I put my hand out and he grabbed it an shook it (my thrill for the night). Ian also came to the front of the stage during Stop Stop Stop and played his Accordion.

I also met a very nice lady from Perth at the concert and we had a good conversation. During the first set of the concert I was towards the back of the stall and during half time the lady came to me and said that there was a empty seat down the front in the 3rd row behind her so that is where I watched the second set from.

I will write a more detailed review later for the review page and send it to Rob so hopefully it won't be too long until it is up.

PostPosted:Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:14 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
redcloud Post subject:

It was lovely to see you again Susie and more than happy to spot that empty seat behind us so you could get closer to the band. I don't envy the long boys having to make the long trip back home. I hope Peter's ear infection has cleared up. I will send you an email soon.

Maraine (aka Redcloud)
PostPosted:Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:33 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

redcloud wrote:
It was lovely to see you again Susie and more than happy to spot that empty seat behind us so you could get closer to the band. I don't envy the long boys having to make the long trip back home. I hope Peter's ear infection has cleared up. I will send you an email soon.

Maraine (aka Redcloud)

Hi Maraine,
It was great to catch up with you at the Melbourne show, part of the fun is catching up with other fans at the shows.

PostPosted:Sat Feb 22, 2014 13:05 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Susie Hewett Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

redcloud wrote:

Maraine (aka Redcloud)

G'Day Maraine Exclamation

It was lovely to see you again and very much appreciate you telling me about that empty seat down the front behind you. I don't envy the boys for making their long trip home either. I went to England in 2012 and by the time I got to my hotel in London all I wanted to do was sleep and I was the same when I arrived back home. It isn't easy trying to sleep on a Plane.

Look forward to hearing from you again soon.

Susie

PostPosted:Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:28 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Out On The Road
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1