graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Write On » hollies leeds 30th oct 2013
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
fennelly5 Post subject: hollies leeds 30th oct 2013

i find words hard to describe how much enjoyment i have got from watching the hollies over the years the songs i know, the different renditions of songs all contributed to another fantastic evening of entertainment by the band at the leeds grand theatre.
The success of the hollies shows must be in part to how they change things around every tour and of course to have so many hits that ones we have not heard for a while are reintroduced.
It was great to see peter howarth getting everyone on their feet for long cool woman
and emotions ran high with the ever popular he aint heavy featured for the fight for the 96.
The show passes so quickly a sign you don t want it to end.
theres an old saying that hard work never hurt anybody i think looking at tony hicks and bobby elliott touring every year for 50 years this may be true.
My final comment is hollies while you keep doing the shows we will keep coming to watch them.
PostPosted:Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:47 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Allans girl Post subject:
Banjo

Banjo

Amen to that. I have been to a few concerts in my time from Bon Jovi to Clapton to Springsteen and a few more besides . This year was the first time I saw The Hollies and I was totally blown away. What have I been missing all these years. These guys are amazing and Tony can give Clapton a run for his money any day of the week, he's much better looking too Very Happy

PostPosted:Sat Nov 02, 2013 23:56 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Emily Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

Your comment "What have I been missing all these years?" made me wonder "where have all the years gone since I first saw the band in 1985?"! I too have seen some of the "legends" of the music world and of course they put on a good show which I enjoyed-but I would not go out of my way to see them again!
However after every Hollies concert the question is not "would I go to see them again?" but "when can I see them again?"!
We have been to Nottingham and Buxton on this tour. At Buxton Peter joked that because there is a centre aisle in the Opera House the audience on one side had come to see Steve and on the other side they wanted to see Tony. We had very good seats in the dress circle in line with Peter and Bobby.
I hope that fans going to the concerts in Birmingham and the south of England and also in Ireland will post some news of those concerts!
I will also be checking the tour page for news of the next UK tour!
PostPosted:Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:17 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Allans girl Post subject:
Banjo

Banjo

Hi Emily

You are so right, some of the bands I have seen I wouldn't go and see again. For some I think the concerts are just an ego trip but not The Hollies, these guys love their audience and it shows. I have never enjoyed a concert so much and I coudn't believe how quickly the time passed. Like you I am checking the tour page' on a daily basis, I can't wait to see these guys again and next year will be doing more than one Very Happy

PostPosted:Wed Nov 06, 2013 18:59 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Write On
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1