graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Write On » Hollies Rock and Roll Hall of Fame march on Capitol Records!
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
David Lloyd Wilson Post subject: Hollies Rock and Roll Hall of Fame march on Capitol Records!

LaughingI was around Capitol Records (1760 Vine St.) in Hollywood the other day, and I remembered they produced the "40th" Hollies cd. Let's get a protest going, outside Capitol, for The Hollies to be in The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. We could get plenty of entertainment coverage, if we play it smart. Get the money men's attention! Get the torches, charge the castle!
PostPosted:Mon Jul 19, 2004 3:20 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
GordonJ Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Hi David, Sadly, I don't think the R and R hall of fame thing will ever come to pass. As the years have gone by, the hollies have been remembered less and less by the general public. It would appear that by this time (in the UK at least) the only song that's well known to anyone apart from fans is 'He Ain't Heavy'. The band have spent the last four years going around the World peddleing hit's that are between thirty and forty years old. OK there are more than enough people who want to hear these songs and the band perform them to perfection but when you've got to go back thirty years to find the last remains of any kind of record success, I think talk of the Rock n Roll hall of fame is a bit far fetched.
GordonJ
PostPosted:Mon Jul 19, 2004 9:57 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
holliesfan Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

David, with all due respect, I have to agree with Gordon regarding the Hollies chances of getting in the Hall of Fame. It's one thing to "get the torches and charge the castle" but you must remember the monster escaped so many many years ago! However, if you can muster a few West Coast Hollies fans, perhaps a rally within earshot of 1760 Vine Street might help to create a bit of a media blip. One never knows unless one tries. Like the good folks at NIKE say "just do it".
PostPosted:Mon Jul 19, 2004 21:26 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
David Lloyd Wilson Post subject: Hollies Rock and Roll Hall of Fame march on Capitol Records!

:lol:Dagnabit! You guys may have a point there, but I would like to try. Afterall, Traffic got in, and when was the last time they had a hit!?! How about The Doors, etc., etc. Plus, the sixties is resurfacing as one of the most important rock decades. I'll get more of a feel, after the Spencer Davis concert in Santa Clarita, CA, on August 21st. Fight On!!!
PostPosted:Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:42 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
holliesfan Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hey David, perhaps you could solicit some 60's fans at the Spencer Davis show. Ask them if they would like to convene on the Capitol Records building for a short and peaceful demonstraion on behalf of the Hollies R&RHOF effort. Hand out some flyers with the info and just maybe some folks will show up.
PostPosted:Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:54 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic

Laughing Amen Brother!
PostPosted:Wed Jul 28, 2004 20:26 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Write On
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic