graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Out On The Road » First Hollies concert
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Sass E Frass Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

reading all the remembrances of everyone who has posted here brings back many bittersweet memories for me. thank you all for sharing your fond experiences with us.

i was aware of the Hollies in the 60's when their big hits were playing on american top 40 radio alongside the beatles, herman, monkees, beach boys, , etc. . . but as a kid, i never became a fan of any of the 60's music makers because i loved them all and sang along with all the catchy tunes of the day.

when Long Cool Woman hit the airwaves, it hit me like a ton of bricks! whoa! THAT'S THE HOLLIES????? where the heck did THAT come from!!!!! all of a sudden, i wanted to know about these guys! i bought some compilation that had LCW on it, and thus began the love affair that i have nurtured for all these many years. i remember watching them on the midnight special, and a few other american tv appearances.

but because the frequency of their visits to the u.s. had plummeted by the mid 70's, and my young age, (i was not allowed to go to band concerts) and the fact that they never came anywhere close to me, (even if i had been allowed to go) i never attended a live show. in later years, their skimpy and sporadic revisits never presented any opportunities for me, sadly.

so, as of 2013 i have yet to attend my first Hollies concert. i cherish listening to the recordings and watching the dvd's and the vids on YT - but an attempt to plan a uk trip for this 50th anniversary tour fell through, and unless they decide to come back to the states, i will live through you, fortunate Hollies fans! so please continue to share your wonderful experiences and reviews of concerts you attend - and postings to YT as well - they are much appreciated!! ~ kc

PostPosted:Mon Feb 11, 2013 19:10 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
an Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Yes Mieke, I also hope The Hollies will ever come to Belgium for a whole show.
And I am sure we are not the only ones.
PostPosted:Sun Mar 10, 2013 21:07 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Out On The Road
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic