graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Out On The Road » The Hollies Are Coming To Australia
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

I was told then heard for myself that the Hollies advertisement was being played on the radio here in Melbourne, three bit's of songs were played, The Air that I breathe, he ain't leavy and LCW while the voice over took place.
All this sure brings a smile to a fans face.

PostPosted:Mon Oct 22, 2012 21:27 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
wishyouawish Post subject:
Banjo

Banjo

Not sure of how ticket sales were made available. I was at the State Theatre as 10am on Monday to get tickets and the best I could get was back row on the floor. I could have got front row up in the Circle. What surprised me was they were the best seats I could get. The ticket office lady said they had presales over the internet. Even with that and knowing the popularity of The Hollies I still couldn't believe these were the best seats. Just seemed odd to me. Amy way I will be there.
Interestingly Cliff is playing the same venue the next night. Will Peter be doing backups for him?
PostPosted:Thu Oct 25, 2012 0:54 am
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

wishyouawish wrote:
Not sure of how ticket sales were made available. I was at the State Theatre as 10am on Monday to get tickets and the best I could get was back row on the floor. I could have got front row up in the Circle. What surprised me was they were the best seats I could get. The ticket office lady said they had presales over the internet. Even with that and knowing the popularity of The Hollies I still couldn't believe these were the best seats. Just seemed odd to me. Amy way I will be there.
Interestingly Cliff is playing the same venue the next night. Will Peter be doing backups for him?

I think Peter will be busy enough with the Hollies, maybe if he gets the chance to see a show or catch up with Cliff he will.
Strange about the tickets, I could have got second row but was told the better seats were a few more rows back then I didn't have to look up onto the stage.
Maybe you could have got closer but your seats are thought to be a better view of the stage,

PostPosted:Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:03 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
wishyouawish Post subject:
Banjo

Banjo

No. They were actually sold. I was at the State Theatre when the tickets went on sale and the ones I got were the closest to the stage available.
PostPosted:Fri Oct 26, 2012 21:19 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
snowflake Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

Quote:
Funny in Feb Barry Gibb and Cliff Richard will both be in Melbourne. both have connections with the Hollies, Peter and Steve both being part of Cliff's shows in the past, Barry was at the Rock and Roll hall of fame when the Hollies made it as well as doing an intro to the band when they were on The Midnight Special in the early 70's.

In a recent interview with Barry Gibb regarding his upcoming concert, he named the Hollies as a bigger influence on the Bee Gees than even the Beatles.

PostPosted:Tue Oct 30, 2012 19:37 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Sass E Frass Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

that's quite a huge endorsement from someone who has been writing and making music with his brothers since he was only ten years old! such a loss to the music world, the brothers Gibb had been active for a lifetime to millions of fans. RIP Maurice, Robin, and Andy. . . long live Barry, and may he continue to bring music to the world.

PostPosted:Tue Oct 30, 2012 20:03 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
snowflake Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

In the interview, Barry said after their success in Australia, and after seeing bands such as the Easybeats and the Seekers have success in England, the Brothers Gibb convinced their parents that they could make it big there too. He said it was the Beatles, yes, but the Hollies, more. They loved the Hollies and the Fortunes. So it was the Hollies, the Fortunes and the Beatles that convinced them that they could go to England and do the harmonies and "take a shot" at being discovered. The rest, as they say, is history!

PostPosted:Thu Nov 01, 2012 17:29 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Heard some good news, Christine a friend and Hollies fan from Adelaide is coming over for the Hollies Melbourne show. Funny I was talking to another couple I know and they said they had got tickets for the Hollies show also, so the Holliesare still popular here.
Adds for the show are being played on one of the big radio stations here all the time, that really helps to spread the word.

PostPosted:Sat Nov 10, 2012 21:24 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Hi Rob, do you know if we will have some Hollies Merchandise here in Australia for the three tour dates ?

PostPosted:Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:51 am
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
an Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

A few days ago Bobby was on the radio in NZ and Au. You can listen online :

http://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/player/ondemand/1359417504-the-hollies--bobby-elliott-talks-with-andrew-dickens

http://www.4bh.com.au/entertainment/blog
PostPosted:Sat Nov 17, 2012 18:39 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Anthony Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

thanks an, loved the interviws with Bobby

PostPosted:Sat Nov 17, 2012 20:27 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Susie Hewett Post subject:
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Thankyou for the links an. It's lovely hearing Bobby talking so proudly about the Hollies and his career with them. Very Happy

PostPosted:Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:45 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
an Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Also a recent interview with Tony on radio NZ :

http://www.radionz.co.nz/national/programmes/afternoons/audio/2540053/the-hollies

clic on : Play (Windows)
PostPosted:Fri Nov 30, 2012 15:04 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
frostina Post subject:
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

Great interview! Thanks for sharing.
PostPosted:Fri Nov 30, 2012 16:25 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
nightskye Post subject: Any fans' going to QPAC?
Banjo

Banjo

Yes, I'm so, so, happy. I agree, roll on February. Can't wait. Any other fans' going to QPAC?
PostPosted:Thu Dec 20, 2012 19:11 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Out On The Road
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next