graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Write On » New Link for Reflections of a Rock and Roll Tour
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Ails7 Post subject: New Link for Reflections of a Rock and Roll Tour
Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar

http://www.elmbridgeguardian.co.uk/leisure/9849139.Moody_Blues_drummer_brings_together_super_band
PostPosted:Fri Aug 03, 2012 17:47 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Dawn D Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Thanks Aileen, I've got tickets for that show. Looking forward to it.
PostPosted:Sat Aug 04, 2012 14:36 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Sass E Frass Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

Dawn! ! ! be sure and give us a full report! Very Happy

PostPosted:Sat Aug 04, 2012 19:43 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dawn D Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I saw Peter last night for the Reflections of a R&R Tour - great show. It was a bit strange seeing him without the rest of The Hollies. They started off with a Moody Blues song I Know You're Out There Somewhere, then Bus Stop then my favourite of Cliff's - Devil Woman. Peter said that was what the evening was about - songs mainly from those three.
There was also a member of the Manfreds, so we heard Do Wah Diddy and Pretty Flamingo. The Hollies songs in the mix were I Can't Let Go, Stop Stop Stop, The Air That I Breathe (I did wince at the guitar intro, I'm afraid), Long Cool Woman (with Peter getting the crowd to join in). Peter also did his solo acoustic versions of Sandy and I Can't Tell The Bottom From the Top. He also introduced a Hollies song he said that he didn't normally sing, which had me puzzled for a minute, then he sang King Midas.
I have to say I think I enjoyed the Moody Blues songs more - as I have never heard them live before, so it was new to me. I think I was being over critical of The Hollies songs - no banjo for Stop Stop Stop, no harmonies for Sandy etc etc, and I found myself continually comparing, which I shouldn't have done. I wonder if the Moody Blues fans were doing the same.
I loved the version of Go Now with Peter's vocals and Ride My See-Saw - fantastic.
After the interval break they performed 'Eve of the War' - intro for Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds - exactly as I remember it from a recording, great! Then Peter came on and sang Forever Autumn from WotW and did a great version.
The last two songs - Peter introduced the first song as his favourite Moody Blues song Nights in White Satin - when the music started and Peter started singing, I got goose bumps on my goose bumps!! Great applause and cheers. The last song Peter introduced as his favourite Hollies song - of course none other than He Ain't Heavy, for which they got a standing ovation. Peter's vocals were brilliant throughout - I forgot to mention he did a really lovely version of Cliff's Miss You Nights. All in all, a good night. Smile
PostPosted:Thu Sep 27, 2012 18:25 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Write On
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1