graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Out On The Road » Southen 31st March 2012
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
paulgillingham Post subject: Southen 31st March 2012

My wife Lynne and I been to many Hollies concerts over many many years but on Saturday night at Westcliff Pavillion we witnessed the finest 2 hours of The Hollies I can remember. From start to finish the whole show was to us perfect. Peters voice sounded stronger and better than ever, The harmonies were spot on in every son., Tony and Steves solos too were spot on as were Rays harmonies also. That just leaves the insrumentation. Bobby as always was on top form, Tony;s guitar, banjo and sitar were note pefect and sounded out loud and clear throughout the theatre giving a truly wonderful sound and effect. Steve's guitar work was great and also rang out around the whole auditorium. Ray's bass was as great as I have ever heard and that just leaves Ian, the keyboards were like everything else played to perfection some of Ian;s playing was almost haunting but in a beautiful way. Put the lighting in which was brilliant add it all together and the result was the greatest concert we have ever seen by any group or artisty bar none. Others may disagree but with all due respects to previous line ups this one is the best pure Hollies genius I can remember. I hope a dvd will be released from the tour as it would be a must havefor all fans.
The only downer was the lack of merchandise available to commemorate the 50th Anniversary tour. The sum total of new merchandise was the tourbook and a mug. The only minus on an otherwise unfogettable evening watching genius at work "THE HOLLIES" supreme THEN, NOW, ALWAYS
PostPosted:Mon Apr 02, 2012 13:06 pm
graphic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
Dawn D Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

I am in total agreement with you Paul. I first saw The Hollies live in the 90s, and lucky enough to see Allan Clarke before he retired. I also saw them with Carl Wayne at the helm, but it's these guys now that have made me a Hollies addict and keep wanting more!
A live concert DVD or CD would be great.
PostPosted:Tue Apr 03, 2012 17:48 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Out On The Road
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Page 1 of 1