graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Out On The Road » 2012 tour
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Sass E Frass Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

thank you, Rob, for that pic! i know Tony is singing his heart out for me since i couldn't be there!! Laughing Laughing Laughing it is lovely to see, anyway!

Emily, welcome, and hear hear - i totally agree with your request!! a cd of their 50th anniversary live show!!! Shocked Surprised Shocked

HOW 'BOUT IT, MY BOYS???

PostPosted:Tue Mar 27, 2012 22:48 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Sass E Frass Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

here is a link to the review of the Nottingham show:

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/Unforgettable-night-Hollies-ndash-brilliant-50/story-15625471-detail/story.html

beautiful pic of the band as well Wink

PostPosted:Thu Mar 29, 2012 18:59 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
HicksyChick Post subject:
Banjo

Banjo

A fan review from Basingstoke Anvil, 22nd March 2012:

http://www.hollies.co.uk/review/reviews.php?id=1762&menu=2012&st=1&menu2=&menu3=
PostPosted:Fri Mar 30, 2012 13:35 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Dawn D Post subject:
Rythym Guitar

Rythym Guitar

Thanks for finding that great review Sass! (apart from their one slip up).
I saw the lads in Guildford last night, another great show. We had a meal at the theatre before the show and the waitress (very young) asked about The Hollies, she didn't know their songs. Her Dad had told her about Heavy and she knew that, but she seemed to get them confused with Buddy Holly. So there was me, trying to sing to her (extremely badly) a couple of lines of Carrie Anne, Jennifer Eccles, etc, to which she seemed to know and said she might pop in to have a listen. I turned around and saw Steve Lauri and Peter Howarth about 10 feet away from me and I thanked the heavens they hadn't been there 5 minutes earlier!!!
I hadn't been to Guildford to see The Hollies before, but my friend had seen them there quite a few times. The theatre had been rebuilt, so it was new to everyone. When Bobby came to the front to introduce Peter doing 'Bottom', he mentioned about them appearing at the old venue and liked the new one. Peter said he liked the venue and hoped they invited them back again.
They were in high spirits, Peter and Tony doing a double comedy act! Peter was explaining about the guitar sitar and saying you won't find many of those in Guildford and Tony saying he saw a shop with loads of them. Peter looked at him and said "Methinks not Mr Hicks!" Then Tony said it was first used on a Tamla Motown song, to which all the band joined in to argue about. I think they decided it was on 'Signed, Sealed, Delivered' but were going to discuss it later!
The highlight of the show for me again was LCW (dancing again!) It really is their 50th anniversary party piece. It was different to when I saw them in Torquay. More audience participation - great! Peter sung 'Long', put the microphone to the audience so we all sang 'Long', then he sung 'Cool', we sung 'Cool' then he sung 'Woman' we did 'Woman' then 'Long Cool Woman' to which we all answered back, and did this a couple of times - great fun Very Happy That's it for me I'm afraid for the Spring Tour, hope we hear soon for some more dates.
PostPosted:Fri Mar 30, 2012 13:44 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic
graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Out On The Road
graphic

graphic

graphic graphic
Jump to:  
View previous topic :: View next topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2