graphic
The Hollies Forum Index » Elevated Observation » The Sweet
graphic
graphic

graphic graphic
Susie Hewett Post subject: The Sweet
Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

Last Night I went to The Rooty Hill R.S.L. Club and saw one of my all time favourite bands The Sweet (who come from England) and they were absolutely sensational.

The Sweet have been around since 1969 and their hay day was between 1971 and 1978. Today's line-up consists of Andy Scott (the only original member), Pete Lincoln, Tony O'Hora and Bruce Bisland. Pete is the lead singer and Andy sings the part of some of the songs that Steve Priest (another original member) used to sing. They were on for just under 2 hours and sang all of the Sweet's hits from the 1970's and 3 songs from their new album. They dedicated the song Love Is Like Oxygen to original Lead Singer Brian Connolly and original Drummer Mick Tucker who passed away (Brian in 1997 and Mick in 2002). Andy also took us down memory lane and said The Sweet were formed in 1969 and had their first hit (Funny Funny) in 1971. I had a wonderful time singing along to all of those Sweet classics. At the end of the concert the 4 guys stood on the stage and got a standing ovation before and after their encore.

Before the show I bought a tour book and their new CD for only $20. It is only a small book just for their Australian leg of their tour. There is an Autograph section in the book and after the concert I got to meet the band and each of them signed the book under their individual photos.

Here is a list of the songs that Sweet performed.

Hell Raiser
Action
Co-Co
Poppa Joe
Lies In Your Eyes
Funny Funny
Little Willy
Wigwam Bam (my favourite)
The Sixteens
Fox On The Run(My second favourite)
Love Is Like Oxygen
Alexander Graham Bell
Teenage Rampage
Blockbuster
Peppermint Twist
Turn It Down
Ballroom Blitz
plus 3 songs from their new CD.

My Rating for the concert is 10 out of 10 and I will see them again next time they visit Australia.

There was also a support act (which was not advertised) a girl called Susie Lee and she was absolutely terrible. She was on for about 30 minutes doing cover versions of about 6 songs.

My rating for her is 0.

PostPosted:Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:32 am
graphic
View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply with quote Top of page
graphic

graphic graphic
håkan strandberg Post subject:
Acoustic Guitar

Acoustic Guitar

The Sweet,Status Quo,Bonnie Tyler,and 10cc coming to Luleå this summer,
when will we see The Hollies here?

Håkan.
PostPosted:Tue Mar 27, 2012 17:43 pm
graphic
graphic

graphic